Prologue

It's a cold winter day as I'm stood waiting on the platform, waiting for my train to arrive. A biting wind whiffles through the air, making me shiver to the bone. Fastly I button up the last buttons of my winter coat. I'm glad my mum told me it would be a cold day, because else I'd probably be walking around in shorts. There aren't a lot of people on the platform, I can probably count them on one hand. Impatiently I switch from my left to my right foot whilst rubbing my upper arms, trying to maintain some warmth. Finally the train arrives, making it's arrival clear with its huge lights, practically blinding everyone in a twenty meter radius.

        As I'm happily seated on one of the hideous blue seats, I automatically grab my phone and earphones to listen to some music during the ride. While one of the dozens of popsongs blasts through my ears, I look out of the window, examining people walking past. It doesn't take long until my attention is drawn to a rather slouchy-looking teenage boy. A way too oversized sweater is hanging on his frame and on top of his head sits a huge beanie, under which poke out strands of black messy hair. As he enters the same train I'm in a few seconds later, I can't help but break out in a smile. The tip of his nose is red due to the cold and his brows are furrowed - searching for a place to sit. As his gaze lands on the row in front of me, he fastly takes off his beanie, revealing a messy coupe of black hair, before sitting down.

        A few minute later the train starts rolling away from the platform and I prepare for an hour long train ride.

        Oh, how I was wrong.