I'm still standing

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. But I have decided to rewrite this fanfiction and add some dark humor as well as more supernatural adventures since I have recently been watching a lot of the ghost stories DUB, the channel shadow759, and Heathers the musical. Now, if you are not able to handle politically incorrect humor or swearing, I advise you to stop reading or take it out of your favorites. Please know that this is my sense of humor, and if you do not like it, please do not continue or review it. Thanks.

If you had gone to Mobius high on the 1st of February, you would have seen a bunch of students excited for the open mike day. Every year, for Valentine's day, various activities were made to send your love to your sweetheart. It was really cheesy, to be honest, Shadow the hedgehog thought so before, yet, today, the ebony red stripped hedgehog would go on stage. As to why he had gotten into a boarding school that seemed to prioritize arts, it would forever be a mystery to others. With every step his anger rose, his heart pounding with determination as the music started. A piano, trumpets, a really fun and catchy beat. He decided to sing: I'm still standing by Elton John to show how much he did not care about this.

Even the fact he used to have a girlfriend. No, not anymore, he was going to sing as revenge. He was going to out her to the world: Shade the Echidna. He should have seen it coming, a well built orange echidna who was agile similar to what Rouge the Bat was. Shadow almost let out a laugh when he saw Shade red-faced and fuming at his performance, ready to throw a punch. He wasn't going to have any mercy towards her. Of course not.

That was when he noticed the new student: Amy Rose. She had barely entered at the start of the semester. The sakura hedgehog was inside the crowd of multicolored Mobians, but Shadow could have identified her anywhere. Stubborn but gleeful, and a hopeless romantic, he should have imagined she would be coming to something as cheesy as this. The dark hedgehog's heart leaped with joy, all because he was the reason this girl was so happy. Shadow never got tired of Amy, even though he had barely met her. Sadly, he had made a mistake when he first met her, one he would never live down. He wished to apologize to who could have been his most recent friend, but the song had just ended, his turn was gone.

Being one of the popular ones wasn't easy. Shadow made a beeline towards Amy, but as soon as he reached the end of the crowd, his luck ran out. The bell rang and he knew Amy had already left for class. He growled annoyed that he failed and stomped his way to his classroom. As Shadow's lessons progressed, his poor mind wouldn't stop thinking about the smile he gained. That was progress, at least he knew she didn't hate him. Now that he thought about it, he had brought Amy something. He recalled hearing her say she needed a new multicolored pen because hers mysteriously disappeared.

He checked his pocket, and there was one he had specially designed with the help of his uncle, it also had her name engraved along with roses. Made also with rose gold and rechargeable ink. Perhaps this would be the perfect excuse to ask her for forgiveness. This was if he was able to navigate among all these losers. He could identify each with a nickname: Freak! Slut! Burnout! Bug-Eyes! Poser! Lard Ass! Shortbus!Bull-dyke! Stuck-up! Hunchback!

He always felt he had to seriously fight the urge to strike a match and send this dump called school ablaze. If it wasn't because it was Maria's last wish before her death, he wouldn't even be here. Suddenly he bumped into somebody interrupting his thoughts. Shadow was pleasantly surprised to see it was Amy Rose. He internally panicked she was hugging her books hard and her eyes were tightly closed, was she hurt? Oh chaos, that would be the worst, not today! He was barely going to speak with her and ask her to be his valentine, as cheesy as that was.

"S-Sorry!" That's all she said. "Oh! Shadow! I'm sorry! I didn't see you hehe!"

Shadow, like the gentleman he was, helped her to her feet. "You need to get your eyes checked." He wanted to slap himself for that, "A-Anyway...Are you harmed, Rose?"

"I'm ok..." Amy answered as she dusted her skirt, a light giggle emanated from her lips.