About Natural Cycles

Natural Cycles was founded by the couple Elina Berglund and Raoul Scherwitzl, who wanted an effective method of birth control that was non-invasive and hormone-free. Natural Cycles is the first and only birth control app available in the US and EU, thereby pioneering the digital contraceptive landscape. In August 2018 the company was cleared by the FDA and since then the focus has been on growing the user base in the US.

Our mission is to pioneer women's health by providing every woman with the knowledge she needs to be in charge of her health. We are a team of over 25 different nationalities, working across five countries and two continents. We have an overall gender diversity of 30/70, and over 50% women working with tech in our R&D department. What we have in common is our passion for the product, our fighting spirit and our love for fun.

We have been through some tough times as pioneers within this space, but we have now proven that our method works and that it can be counted on as an option among others in the contraceptive landscape. Still, trust is hard to build and misconceptions about our effectiveness is still lingering, making our performance marketing machinery run less smoothly than a year ago.