Chapter X

Dean (POV)

I didn't know what to do with the information that I had been given. He was the King of the Angels? The overlord? He was the Crowley of the whole angel race and here was me, just a pitiful demon prince. I didn't deserve him, I didn't deserve someone so powerful and beautiful and he doesn't love me back, he was just saying that as part of his ruse to get information about the demons. I should have been angry at him for lying to me but who could blame him? Why would he tell me when I couldn't be trusted? I was a demon and he was an angel and nothing would change that. Me and him would have never have worked anyway and I had to accept that face. I wasn't angry at him but more at myself for letting my walls come tumbling down and letting him into my life and into my heart. I brought a hand up to my face and wiped it, bringing it back down to look at him and was shocked when I saw that they were wet. My whole face was wet and my eyes were leaking. I tasted the water that was pouring from my eyes and it was salty, bitter substance. I sniffed and wiped my eyes of the water that was leaking from them, coughing slightly and then swallowing to get rid of the lump that had formed in my throat.

"Dean? Are you okay?" My brother asked, walking into my chambers timidly.

"Y-yeah." I mutter out but my voice doesn't sound like mine. It is croaky and full of emotion which makes Sam frown.

"Are you sure? You don't look it... what is that water on your face?" He asks, pointing towards my tear-streaked face.

"I don't know." I whisper and wipe my face again, hoping to get rid of the acidy substance. It burnt my face when it ran down it and I assumed it must be the salt within it, not knowing how it got there at all.

"Dean... I think you're crying." Sam says, eyes going wide.

"Crying? Like the humans do when they are emotional?" I ask in wonder and he nods slowly.

"But, why would you be crying? What has happened to make you cry?" I look down at my hands before burying my face in them, sobbing loudly. Sam comes running over to me and hugs me tight, not knowing what else to do in the current situation.

"It's Cas, Sam!" I cry out and look up at him where he is towered above me while I am sat on one of my wooden chairs.

"Cas? Castiel? What about him?"

"He's the king of the angels."

"King? Like King King?" I look at him in confusion and nod my head slowly.

"Erm, no not King King, like what Crowley is to us."

"Yeah exactly, like King King."

"I don't get your slang, Sam. Please stop using it; it is only making me even more confused than I already am!" I snap at him and he raises his hands up in defeat.

"Alright! Well, that's a good thing right? That your were having sex with The king of Angels because that means that you can get married and there will be no more war because you're next in line to be King of the demons. Crowley has already assigned you as his heir." Sam said happily and my brain almost imploded.

"Wait what? Assigned me as his heir? What is that supposed to mean?" I ask him incredulously.

"Well, if you weren't so busy with your little angel boyfriend and actually started going to the meetings that father and Crowley hold then you would know this. Crowley told father that he is assigning you as his heir in front of the whole demon army before the final battle." He smiles smugly at his knowledge and I shake my head in disbelief.

"But, why me? Why not father?"

"Because he doesn't exactly like our father, Dean. He only copes with him because he is good at his job and he rules the people well." Sam explained sassily, speaking to me as if I was stupid.