Chapter 5

Damon and I were in the car on the way to Georgia. I made sure to let Aunt Jenna knows and she was grateful. We found Elena in her car wrecked in the middle of the road. Instead of taking her home, Damon of course brought with us. Elena woke up about six hours later and freaked out. Damp calmed her down. I ignored them both the rest of the way. I was pissed with Damon because he brought Elena along, and I just hated Elena. I could already see Damon was going to be pulled into the newest Twilight scenario, but I was ready to meet this witch. The witch was an old fling of Damon's long list of flings.  She gave me guide to how to be a witch. She wrote it herself. The guide was about energy and nature and how they intertwined. It describes things that witches can do and how to control their power. 

" You have the potential to be stronger than any witch. Even the Bennett coven witches. Now in about five months you need to master what is in the guide. Go to Chicago and meet a witch named Gloria. She'll help you even further. Damon has agreed to let us spend eight hours together. The guide goes move in depth what I will be showing you. 

"OK. Um.. Damon never told me your name" I wrote

"Its Bree. The first thing you need to work on is confidence. You are smart and beautiful. You will also be strong. Let your you" out to be free, " 

" I'll try, " 

"Good girl. Now Earth is your element reach for it and let it speak to you. You will not get this immediately that is why I told Damon a minimum of eight hours."

 I reached and then I could feel the wind rushing rushing through my hair, water across my feet, and the sun on my face."

"Hello my precious child. You shall be my chosen. My daughter of Earth, but stronger than any servant of nature. Trust your instincts. Follow your heart. Always have faith. These three things will lead you to your sisters and you shall protect my wonderful gifts." I heard the Earth whisper 

"Just think and your power will do the rest." Earth whispered "Go with my love and blessing."

All of a sudden I could feel immense power. I woke up and looked at Bree and made every stone float in the bar. Bree looked around with an awestruck face,

"Girl, the power you hold is incredible" Bree said

 "Thank you," I whispered 

"Your power relies on your mind not  so much in words. This means your power is not only stronger but more dangerous. Your mind must be calm when using your power or it can go out of control. That is not to say to be completely emotionless, your emotion can grant extra fuel to your spell. A mother's fear or anger can save a child or kill the mother." I nodded

I thought about the heroic people on television or in the needle They'd done great things under pressure. 

'Now with your gift you can easily crack your own herb garden in moments, so I'm going to supply you with some seeds. You can do the rest. The guide I gave you is just that, a guide. It will guide you on what certain berbs are and how they mix. It will help with guiding you through the basics. How to Commune with the ones from before you. Eventually you will create your own grimoire with all your power."

 "Will I have other teachers or is this more of a learn as you go?"

You will certainly have other teachers. Other witches should be honored. The other side will more than likely put others in your

path to learn from They could hear Damon and Elena arguing.

"Seems like your sister is rushing to leave. I guess out time is up young one. Good luck."

"Thank you."

We hugged and I went to Damon, five o'clock that afternoon we were back in Mystic Falls. Elena badgered me to whole way home about what Bree and I did and it I was speaking yet. I simply put my earphones in and took a nap.