Chapter 9

I woke up a couple days after the Mason incident in the hospital. Damon apologized over and over. Apparently my heart stopped and scared everybody. The doctor put me under observation for 24 hours. Elena and Stefan came by. I merely nodded along and ignored them. Jeremy and Anna came by to chat. John came and sat with me and explained the Isabel situation. Finally my 24 hours were up, I was leaving. Jenna and Jeremy took me home. Elena and Stefan apparently needed to handle something else.
"You know there is a party at the Lockwood's coming up? We can go dress shopping." Jenna said
"I don't have a date. Jeremy is probably taking Anna. John should be taking Pearl. You and Alaric. Elena is in the middle of a tug of war with Damon and Stefan. I'll be alone." I cringed
"Not if a certain Lockwood left a message with a bouquet of flowers waiting for you on the step."
I looked at the steps and sure enough there was a bouquet of gorgeous flowers. I squealed. I had a date with Lucas. Jenna was laughing at me as I smothered my blushing face into my flowers before I texted Lucas I'd gladly go with him. Jenna and I went shopping I found a gorgeous long dark red dress with gold embellishments.

I found all the accessory pieces I could use, and I was going to add a few amethyst throughout my circlet

I found all the accessory pieces I could use, and I was going to add a few amethyst throughout my circlet. I braided my great grandmother's chain through my hair. It was an hour before I was to go to the party but I still had make up to do while I checked on Jenna. There was a knock at the door that I ran to get thinking Lucas may be early. Instead I saw a woman standing at the door. She had long brown hair and gave off the feeling of vampire.
"You are not welcome in this house." I said
"You must be Ericka. My name is Isabelle." She said
Elena came down the stairs all dressed up. John was in the corner. I just noticed him. Isabelle merely walked in. I froze momentarily before backing up.
"Who invited her in?" Elena said
"I did." John said
"She tried to kill Jeremy." Elena said
"She did WHAT?!" I shouted and glared at Isabelle
Isabelle flew into the wall and began suffocating.
"Ericka, stop. Stop! She's your mother. She's trying to help us." John tried to reason
"She gave us up. She tried to kill Jeremy. I bet she came back to help Elena not me. No one thinks about me." I ranted
John merely stared. The more John thought the more his face paled.
"I overheard you guys talking about a doppelganger one night so I researched it. I talked with witches on the other side. Imagine my surprise when I learned Elena wasn't the only doppelganger. Katherine had an illegitimate sister named Katrina. I found a young hand maid by the name Samantha during the 1800s. The problem with the last two doppelgangers, they died because of the other doppelganger. She always was friends with those the other doppelganger wanted and was always killed for it. Elena wants Damon and Stefan. Damon and I were best friends for months before Elena sunk her claws in. I can be used just as easily as Elena, so imagine how I felt when I learned how my own family was choosing Elena's safety over my own. When I told Jeremy, he was the first one to find me a gun with wooden and silver bullets. I upped my training and studies so that when the time came I wasn't going to just roll over and die. I was going to fight back. You all think about Elena but where are you when I need you?" I ranted and sobbed
I let Isabelle go and went upstairs. I could hear when Jenna found out about Isabelle and she came up to my room.
"Can I go with you?" I asked when Jenna came in
"Yeah. I need to finish my thesis." Jenna said
"I just want to get away for awhile."
Jenna and I left. We both had some thinking to do. I also dropped the supernatural bomb on her while she drove explaining about Damon and Stefan. I told her about the vervain I put in her bath soap and shampoo after the phone incident she had with Elena. (The incident happened the same way that it happened in the show) I explained about doppelganger and why Elena and I are in danger. I told her about me being a witch and everything that went with it. I began feeling better after telling her all of it. Jenna took a moment to digest what I was telling her and just drove in silence. I knew Jenna had every right to feel betrayed and I knew she was angry. I just closed my eyes and rode along. Jenna and I stayed at the college until Saturday which was the day of the Founders Ball. Elena was over with the Salvatore brothers right now. Jenna curled my hair and I braided in the chain. I looked gorgeous. Jenna took me to the ball where I was met at the door by Lucas.
"You look beautiful." Lucas said and kissed my cheek and putting my hand on his arm
"You look handsome." I said
I noticed when Elena came in but she looked different almost threatening. Stefan looked uncomfortable and Damon looked mad. I put the pieces together and realized this is Katherine. The boys led Katherine upstairs. I excused myself from Lucas when I saw Jeremy run after them minutes later. Katherine was pinned to the wall.
"Stop you're hurting Elena." Jeremy shouted
Katherine actually laughed before taunting the brothers. Jeremy went to find Bonnie. Katherine noticed me.
"Katrina." Katherine stared in shock before moving towards me
I stepped back breaking her trance. She still stared.
"Katrina died so did Samantha. My name's Ericka." I said bluntly
"Another doppelganger." She said
"They burned Samantha at the stake when you left her behind alongside Emily Bennett. Katrina was the only one to die of old age because she had absolutely no contact with you whatsoever. She was thrown away as a baby by your father."
Katherine took one step closer.
"Don't test me. I am not Bonnie I'll drop you before they say BOO." I said
"You're definitely different compared to Miss Damsel- in- Distress outside. Samantha was a witch. I'll admit I regret her death."
"Good. Maybe she'll treasure that on the other side. Burning to death is a horrible way to go. So is drowning. They tried that first but the water always fled. The council decided to watch her family for any freak accidents for almost fifty years before forgetting."
"You don't care about Elena or the boys so why involve yourself?"
"She's my sister. Her way of doing things will get us all killed. I refuse to roll over and just die, so helping her and the Scooby gang seen to be the best bet."
"Don't be so melodramatic. Damon and Stefan are too much of a goody two shoes to actually just give you up."
"You wanna bet?"
I was serious and Katherine actually looked at the brothers. She saw the same thing I did. They've already considered it and for them that was an option. I could feel another witch coming so I left to find Lucas. Lucas and Tyler were staring at a girl and a boy on the floor with blood surrounding her head and his back. I stared as well. Caroline came in and began talking to Tyler. I merely went over and hugged Lucas. Mr and Mrs. Lockwood came in and immediately called the sheriff. Lucas was just silent. I could tell Mr. Lockwood was furious when he completely ignored who was in the room and grabbed Lucas the front of his shirt and began shaking him demanding to know what happened. I tried to get in between before Mr. Lockwood moved wrong and ended up smacking me. By the time I hit the floor Tyler and Lucas brought down Mr. Lockwood. I touched my cheek and it was burning. Mrs. Lockwood helped me to my feet and Mr. Lockwood apologized profusely. Lucas hugged me and took me to get ice. I saw where the boys got their temper. I talked with Lucas for another hour before finally heading home with Jeremy and his girlfriend, Anna. It had definitely been a long night.