51

A woman, her name was Olivia, came to collect our weapons after all of the interviews were done. I placed my weapons on the trolly and then Noah handed me, Willow. 

"They're still your guns," Deanna said as more continued to turn them in, as she stood on her steps, "You can check them out whenever you go beyond the wall. But inside here, we store them for safety."

And after that, we were taken to our houses and given new clothes. 

I went for a shower, I had been in the same clothes for weeks. I felt dirty. I left Willow with Noah and Tara, who were in the living room. 

The shower was relaxing, and when I got out, I changed into~

"Did you enjoy your shower?" I was asked as soon as I exited the bathroom, I jumped a little and came face to face with Daryl

"Yes," I said as I smiled at him, "You taking one?" 

"Nah, not right now," He answered and I sighed. He then put his hand on the small of my back and directed me to the living room, where everyone would be sleeping. 

He and I were going to be sleeping between the playpen and a table. 

And then as he was looking out the window and I was playing with Willow, a knock came to the door. My dad answered it, and it was Deanna. 

"Rick I-" She cut herself as she looked at my dad's shaven face, "Wow. I didn't know what was under there. Listen, I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling." 

She then looked around the room, at all of us. 

"Oh my. Staying together," She said as she looked back at my dad, "Smart."

"No one said we couldn't," My dad said and I handed Willow to Daryl, so he could put her to sleep, and he took her and held her to him. 

"You said you're a family. That's what you said," Deanna said as she looked at my dad and smiled, "Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?" 

As she finished that sentence, Daryl got up and out Willow in the playpen with Judith, who was already asleep, and now they were both asleep. 

"Everybody said you gave them jobs," My dad said as he looked around the room then to Deanna. 

"Mm-hmm, yeah," She said as she looked at us, "Part of this place. Looks like the communists won after all."

"Well, you didn't give me one," My dad said as he looked to the ground, then back to her. 

"I have. I just haven't told you yet," Deanna said as she smiled at my dad, then to Michonne, "Same with Michonne. I'm closing in on something for Sasha. And I'm just trying to figure Mr.Dixon out, but I will." 

She then turned to leave, but before she did, she turned to my dad. 

"You look good," She said and then walked out. I looked at my dad and smiled. 

Later on, that night, I couldn't sleep, because Daryl hadn't laid down yet. He was still sitting on the table, looking out the window. 

"Baby, please," I pleaded as I tugged his pants leg. 

"Fine," He said as he finally laid down his knife and slid in behind me, and placed an arm around my torso, and pulled me into him. 

"Night, baby," I said as I pushed back against him. 

"Night, Sunshine," He said as he kissed the top of my head. 

I fell into a peaceful sleep, for the first time in weeks, since the prison was attacked. I woke up, and Daryl wasn't behind me anymore, and almost everyone was awake. 

I got up and walked out onto the porch. And Daryl was sitting there, and he looked at me as soon as I walked outside. 

"You going to explore this place today with us?" I asked him as I sat down beside him, on the porch. 

"Nah, I'm good," He replied and I sighed. 

"And when will you take a shower?" I asked and he grunted. 

"Dunno," He replied and I reached over and threaded my fingers through his hair, then I got up and went back inside. 

When I went back inside, Noah was feeding Willow, and I smiled at him. 

"Thank you," I said as I took a seat next to him. 

"Anytime," He said as he looked at me. 

I smiled at him, and then once everyone was awake, we put Judith and Willow in their strollers and we headed out, to explore Alexandria. 

I went everywhere, and when I got back to the house, I was the only one back, and Daryl was sitting outside, messing with his crossbow. 

"How about you come inside, and feed Willow?" I asked him as I crouched down in front of him, and he looked at me and got up. 

"Okay, come on, woman," He said as he took my hand and pulled me inside, where Willow was waiting. 

I watched as he fed her, and I couldn't help, but think of the time at the prison, where I took the picture of Daryl and Willow... the same day that I helped Merle take Michonne, and the same day he died... 

I tried not to think about it, but it was my fault. It was my fault that Willow's Uncle died. 

"Sunshine, you okay?" Daryl asked as he looked at me, and I smiled. 

"Of course, just wishing I had a camera to capture this perfect father-daughter moment," I said as I smiled at them. 

"How about you get your little ass over here and we make it a perfect family moment?" Daryl asked as he held his hand out, and I walked over and sat on his lap, and we took turns feeding Willow. 

That night we did the same as the night before, we all slept in the living room, but this night was different, Daryl laid down with me, at the same time I laid down. 

We fell asleep facing each other, with our hands intertwined between us.