Was It All a Dream?

Disclaimer: I do not own fruits basket or any of the characters. I don't own any of the fan art either, credit goes out to them. I just put the book cover together. 😉

"They say you're a monster...

...and that you're worse than the previous king.

You have the whole universe in the palm of your hand...

...with the power of the sacred firebird to guide you.

And yet...

You expect to see everyone tremble in your sight...

Because of this fearsome picture you paint of yourself.

Don't be doleful, my king...

for it is I who does not fear you like the others."

"You should fear me." The king advised, as he attempted to outstare her with those intense orange-reddish eyes of his.

"I'm not afraid of you... therefore, I have nothing left to lose." She declared, while clutching the red beaded bracelet around her wrist.

His glaze shifted from her face to the bracelet on her wrist. After a moment of silence, he glanced back at her and snickered under the influence of stare. "You speak as if you're familiar with me. Have we met before?"

"Perhaps, I'm stepping out of line... How can I not when you've deceit others including yourself?" She mentioned with a sorrowful expression clouding her big brown eyes. "I've watched you surrender yourself speeches and run away due to some lies."

He circled around her with his arms neatly folded behind his backside and observed her every movement. "I advise you silence that pretty little mouth of yours before you perceive how horrifying, I can be... goddess of love."

The king grabbed the women by her shoulders, then he held her chin in his fingers and slid his thumb against the lower part of her lip. Subsequently, he forced the women to look deep into his eyes. "Then again... Are you even a goddess?"

"This maiden does have a name, my king." She clarified after removing her chin from his grasp.

He raised a curious brow at her, despite the impoliteness she proceeded to dishonor him by.

"What's your name, maiden?" He asked.

"My name is Tohru Honda..."

Unparalleled to Your World

Chapter 1 – Was it all a dream?

05:30AM

The day started off beautiful prior to the retro alarm clock beeping in Tohru's roof terrace apartment that morning. Tohru tapped the end button as she sat up in bed to stretch. She fought back a yawn that tried to escape, then she raised her arms above her head.

"Oh! I have to get ready for work," Tohru exclaimed cheerfully and leaped out of bed.

The brunette stopped and glanced at the photo frame on her nightstand beside by her bed. "Good morning, mom. I won't forget to pay my respects to you before I go into work today." She respectfully bowed, before rushing towards the bathroom to clean herself up and change her clothes.

It been two years since Tohru's mom passed away in a car accident. All she had left of her mother was the photo display on her nightstand and a red beaded bracelet she made for her when Tohru was still a young girl. The brunette continued to be carefree, despite how lonely it's been being on her own with barely any family or friends to count on.