CHAPTER TWO

I walk into the area of the paddock that Blue, Delta, Charlie and Echo are in and I smile noticing Barry standing in front of the cage. Barry our co - worker and a good friend.

" Hey, Alex." he greets. I pat his shoulder and greet him. " Hi, Barry."  I walk past him and to the stairs of the catwalk that Owen is standing on.

I walk over to Owen and stand besides him. Noticing me standing there, he smirks. " Oh, look who decided to show up."

I roll my eyes. " Well, I'm sorry that my brothers visited me."

Owen rolls his eyes and shrugs his shoulders. " Excuses, excuses." I punch his shoulder and he laughs.

" Eyes on us." Owen says to the four raptors below as he turns his attention back to them. Owen had a clicker in his hand that he uses to get their attention. I always have mine with me but I figured Owen could handle this.

" Hey, Charlie, eyes. " Owen said in a stern voice since she wasn't paying attention. I notice that the other three were listening.

" Blue, don't give me that look." I tell her since she was acting him and she normally doesn't. She whines in response but calms down.

Eventually, Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo had their eyes on us and I smile.

Owen looks over at me and nods. I pick up a rat from the bucket that was between us." Delta," I say as I throw the rat over to her and she catches it.

Owen also had a rat in his hand and held it up. " Charlie," he said and threw the rat over to her.

" Echo." I said, tossing a rat over to her.

" Okay, Blue. Get ready." I tell her and I smile as she perks up at hearing her name.

Owen picks up the last rat. " This one's for you Blue." he tosses it over to her who catches it in her mouth.

It's obvious that Owen has a stronger connection with Blue which makes sense because Blue was the first to hatch and Owen was there when it happened. I was there also but me and Blue just don't have a strong bond like hers and Owen's. I'm fine with that since I have a stronger connection with my own raptor.

" Okay, hold." I say with my hand up and their eyes on me. I share a look with Owen and he nods. I look back at the four raptors below us. " And go!" As I say that the four girls run off into the enclosure.

Barry walks over to us with a smile on his face as he shakes Owen's hand and gives me a hug. " You guys finally did it!" Our good friend and coworker Barry congratulated us. " I never understand how they pay attention to you two. It's like your dino whisperers."

I chuckle. " Yeah, I guess so."

We start to walk down the catwalk when a larger man with a goatee walks over to us and I immediately glare at him, crossing my arms over my body almost defensively as he walks towards me and Owen. I didn't even realize that I moved closer to Owen, our shoulders now touching.

" Alex! Owen!" I closed my eyes tight, and take a deep breath, not wanting to turn around and talk to him because he's annoying and treats all kind of dinosaurs awfully.

" For a second I was starting to think I got the wrong people to do this but you got them eating out of your palm. " Hoskins said and I open my eyes to see him shaking Owen's hand but I could tell Owen was tense even though he looked calm." Well, you visited on a good day," Owen says.

" There's not usually a happy ending." I finished his statement as I refuse to shake Hoskins hand when he reached his hand out.

Hoskins looks at the both of us. " Is this why you both aren't sending in your reports?"