Chapter 1

*3rd Person POV*

Sam groans for what seems the millionth time today. Castiel and Dean have been fighting ever since Dean woke up that morning.

They fought over every little thing: Dean's choice of breakfast, Castiel's attire, Dean's robe, what to do today, Dean's opinion of Jack.

The constant bickering had finally reached Sam's breaking point. He'd had enough of it. It's time to end the feud once and for all.

The fighting may seem pointless to any outsiders, but Sam knew why they were actually upset. With Jack around, Castiel spent no time at all with Dean. They're in love, but neither of them seem to notice. If they do, they push those feelings down.

Dean just wanted to be close to Castiel again, like before Jack had came. But it wasn't happening. They're only moving further apart. Hence, the constant fighting.

Sam hears them fighting once more. This time it's because Castiel has accidentally rammed into Dean. Sam gets up from the chair he was seated at and walks to the bunker entrance.

"Wait, Sammy! Where are you going?!" Dean yells, worry evident in his voice.

He is paranoid about being stuck around Castiel and Jack, without Sam as a buffer.

"Out," Sam grunts. "I'm tired of you two bickering 24/7. I'll be back later."

Sam opens the door slowly. He hears Dean yelling at Castiel once more before the door shuts behind him.

Sam sighs in relief, finally away from the pair. He tugs his jacket closer to him, feeling the breeze brush past him softly.

He hears a flutter of wings and sighs. Of course, Castiel would try and bring him back. He turns around quickly, opening his mouth to tell Castiel to leave him alone. But, he stops in his tracks.

Gabriel.

What was he doing here? Sam thought he had died. He's pretty sure Castiel thinks so, too.

He stands there, staring at Gabriel with his mouth agape. Gabriel stares smugly before slowly making his way to Sam.

"Hey, Samsquatch. Destiel still fighting?" He asks.

Sam can't help the way his lips curve at the nickname. Gabriel always had a way with words. "Yes." And then he stops. How did Gabriel know? "I thought you were dead. Everyone did. Lucifer killed you."

Gabriel scoffs in disbelief. "That's what I wanted him to believe."

"Castiel's your brother. You made him believe he's dead. That's not fair to him," Sam points out.

"You did the same thing when you were soulless," Gabriel fires back. Sam feels a flash of anger pass through him. He towers over Gabriel, glaring daggers at him. Gabriel takes a deep breath before backing away, hands defensively in the air. "Sorry, sorry. That was uncalled for. I didn't come here to fight. I came to talk to you about a solution. Castiel knows I'm alive. I made him promise not to tell you guys."

Sam takes a deep breath, processing what he just said. He tries not to focus on the pain the memory had brought. "What do you mean 'solution'?"

"If I'm tired of listening to them argue, then you are too. I want to fix it," Gabriel says.

"It's not just the fighting, Gabe," Sam sighs. "It's everything. They love each other, but they act like they hate each other. I'm tired of the eye-sex. I'm tired of the fighting. I just want them to be together, happy."

Gabriel's face lights up. "I know just the thing to help."

"Oh, thank God," Sam sighs in relief. Gabriel's face scrunches up, making Sam's face turn red. "Sorry, sometimes I forget you're related to him."

Gabriel snorts. "Anyway, do you remember when you were in Doctor Sexy?"

"You mean when I had to stitch up Dean with dental floss in a hospital with a crazy lady slapping me? Yeah, I remember."

Gabriel laughs, making Sam roll his eyes. "I want to send them to an alternate reality, where they're dating. Would you be okay with that?"

Sam looks at Gabriel in confusion. "Why are you asking me?"

"Because..." Gabriel trails off. The next part Sam almost didn't catch. "I value your opinion. You live with them."

Sam smiles. "It's worth a try."