A New Era

Chapter Twelve | A New Era

If a man cannot understand the beauty of life, it is probably because life never understood the beauty in him. Criss Jami

10 January 2020

10 January 2020

Kitty who was on her phone, checked the twitter and saw a new announcement by Buckingham Palace's account, The Royal Family.

"Oh my Gosh! Amelia! Yours and Michael's new titles have been announced!" Kitty exclaimed as she showed the phone to Amelia who read in amazement at her new titles. The statement read:

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN:

Her Majesty The Queen has today been pleased to confer a princely title on Michael Charles Davis. In connection with the wedding Mr. Davis will be invested with the title Duke of Kendal. He will be granted the style His Royal Highness upon his marriage to Princess Amelia.

"She made Michael a Duke." Amelia said.

"I know I'm shocked. I thought she would make him an Earl." Kitty said.

"I'm shocked too but this just shows me that she really accepts him." Amelia said.

"Come on, let's go get you married." Kitty said.

At half past five, Amelia's family members, Camilla, her brothers and their wives, cousins, aunts and uncles began to arrive at the sound of the bells.

The Queen's fanfare was sounded for the arrival of the Her Majesty, dressed in pale orange, and Prince Philip, the duo proceeded to their seats on the right side of the aisle.

Another ten minutes later, Beatrice, Louise, Kitty, George, Charlotte, Louis, James, Savannah, Isla, Mia, and the other children would wait by the door, waiting to go in with Amelia.

The bridesmaids were dressed in a sweet satin bow is the finishing touch of an illusion lace bodice, with a full tulle skirt lets a lacy layer peek through and carried small bouquets and wore roses in their hair. The pageboys were dressed in a miniature version of Michael's black suit.

Another ten minutes later, The cheers were louder and the bells were ringing like mad. Letting everyone in the cathedral know that Amelia had arrived.

The car door was opened by a senior officer of the foot guards, who helped Amelia out of the car. Beatrice was by her side, taking the bouquet into her hands, allowing Amelia to step out of it.

Charles, carried her train as she walked out of the car, then exited the vehicle, himself. He helped Beatrice straightened the dress and adjusted the veil.

Amelia waved and smiled happily at the crowds, unable to contain her happiness as she gave them the first full view of her elegant jacquard silk, cotton, and viscose gown, which featured a V-neck, a 16-foot train train, long sleeves. And the shiny The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara on her head.

Her father then stepped to her side and took hold of her left hand. Beatrice handed her back her bouquet of Provence roses, orchids, myrtle and orange blossoms.

They climbed the stairs of St Paul's Cathedral and were met at the door by the Dean, who wished her congratulations and happiness on her wedding.

*

Wedding of Princess Amelia and Michael Charles Davis

The wedding of Princess Amelia and Michael Charles Davis took place on Monday 10 January 2020 at St Paul's Cathedral in London, United Kingdom. The bride is eighth in line to the British throne, and the groom is an American businessman.

The ceremony was a traditional Church of England wedding service. The Dean of St Paul's Cathedral presided at the service, and the Archbishop of Canterbury conducted the marriage.

Notable figures in attendance included many members of other royal families, republican heads of state, and members of the bride's and groom's families.

After the ceremony, the couple made the traditional appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. The United Kingdom had a national holiday on that day to mark the wedding.

The ceremony featured many ceremonial aspects, including use of the state carriages and roles for the Foot Guards and Household Cavalry.

2,000 guests made up the congregation at St Paul's Cathedral. Amelia and Michael selected St Paul's over Westminster Abbey, the traditional site of royal weddings, because St. Paul's offered more seating and permitted a longer procession through London.

On their wedding day, Michael and Amelia became TRH The Duke and Duchess of Kendal.