Chapter 4 - Aftermath of Civil War

A/N- Hey guy! I'm here with an update and a little bit of an explanation!

First, I've been back in school since August and have been really busy with homework and worrying about my GPA. I'll try to get back on track and update every week but if I can't, I'll update whenever I can.

Second, I've decided we're going to do a little bit of the time Natasha was gone and (y/n) is stuck at the Tower. Then, we'll do a little skip to when the 'rogues' come back and are allowed in the tower. I'm going to make it so that Steve and Tony had a little bit of communication and Siberia and the shield through the Arc-reactor never happened so it's a bit less awkward.

Warning!! This chapter will be sad and later very fluffy!! Now on with the story!!

(y/n) sighed and rolled over in bed. The tv on the wall spouted sounds that were blurred through her ears and registered as nonsense. None of it was Natasha. She buried her face into the duvet, inhaling the faint scent of her soulmate.

She had been gone for so long. The days blurred into weeks. Weeks to months. The (y/h/c) female had only gotten out of bed to shower and dress in Natasha's clothing. The scent was getting fainter and fainter, making the woman want to sob.

There was a soft knock on the door. (y/n) pulled her face from her covers and mumbled a 'who is it?' The door opened with a soft swish and light footsteps were heard moving across the floor to the bed.

"Aunt (y/n)?" The small voice of Peter Parker rang through the room. He set a tray of food on the nightstand and sat on the edge or the bed as (y/n) smiled at him.

"Petey. Hello," She replied. "Have you heard anything from Natasha?" (y/n) looked sort of hopeful in that moment, but it soon disappeared as she saw the look on Peters face. "Oh," her eyes fell and she layed back down.

"Aunt (y/n), I brought you some food," Peter said, grabbing the tray. "Look, it's your favorite,"

"I'm ... not hungry," the (y/h/c)-ette responded.

"You have to eat. Aunt Nat would want you too," Peter pleaded, catching the attention of his Aunt. "Here, you don't have to eat it all just a little," (y/n) sat up and took the tray from her nephew. The pair spent the rest of the evening slowly eating the food Peter had brought and watching TV in bed, while (y/n) waited for her soulmate to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(y/n) was startled out of her sleep when her door was thrown open and Peter ran inside and jumped on the bed, careful not to hurt his confused Aunt.

"Auntie, guess what?!" Peter practically yelled. (y/n) sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"What is it, Petey?" She asked yawning.

"Dad has been working really hard and ... Aunt Nat and the rest are coming back soon! So you need to get up!" Peter exclaimed, smiling widely at his Aunt. (y/n)'s eyes went wide and she threw the covers off of her, revealing her (y/b/t) (your body type) body swimming in the slightly (larger/smaller) clothes of Natasha Romanoff. Before he knew it, Peter was being swung around by his slightly (taller/shorter) aunt in a tight hug.

"Come on, Petey! Let's go bake something!" She exclaimed, pulling Peter by the hand out of the room and down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(y/n) checked herself in the mirror before a knock sounded from her door. "Come in!" She called and Peter opened the door, stepping in with a large, bright smile on his face.

"It's almost time Auntie (y/n). Come wait downstairs with us."

"Okay, Petey." (y/n) smiled slightly and left the room, wrapping her arm around her nephews shoulder and walking down the hall and through the living room to the elevator.

The pair got in the elevator, waiting impatiently for it to get to the ground floor. When it finally did, the pair stepped out and joined Tony in the lobby.

"Thank you, Tony. For everything you've done." (y/n) thanked him. He had worked hard to get the Ex-Avengers pardoned. He stayed up late and had to be coaxed to sleep by Pepper and Peter and still helped them take care of (y/n) while she was in her Natasha-less induced depression.

"It's the least I could do." He said, before grimacing. "I'm sorry. For keeping you locked in the tower. I was just trying to protect you but it was the wrong thing to do." (y/n) grinned a little and hugged Tony. He hugged back but let go when his phone buzzed and sounded with the notification for Happy.

'Cause, I'm happy~'

Happy: We're just around the corner see you in a minute

"Happy says they're around the corner." He smiled a little and the trio waited, (y/n) bouncing on her toes, for the sleek black car.

Through the window they could see the car pull up and stop in front of the building. A group of people in casual clothes filed out. The she saw it. The distinct bright hair of her soulmate. She smiled, her eyes watering as they met the soft emerald eyes of Natasha and she rushed forward, pushing through the doors of the lobby.

"Natasha." She gasped, wrapping her arms around the neck of her lover. "I've missed you so very much."

"I missed you unbelievably much." Natasha pressed a kiss to the (h/c)-ettes head. (y/n)s face became wet with tears and her cheeks flushed. The tears dropped onto the grey sweatshirt Natasha wore and the red head noticed it. She pulled back, put her hand on the side of (y/n)s face and used her thumb to wipe the tears off her cheek, smiling softly.

"Don't cry, my love. I'll never leave you like that again." She said. She picked up her girlfriend and carried her into the tower, leaving their awwing companions in the cool fall air.

A/N- Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! There's a special surprise I have planned for the next chapter!! I'm about to start writing it right now!!

See you later my little loves~