|| F O U R ||

The wind blew past calmly, mimicking Embrosia's feelings and thoughts. The stench of death and sweetness lurked in the air and Embrosia inhaled it with a smile on her face. Making herself one with the wind, she casually leant back and basked in the glow of rare sunlight. The light reflected off her golden orbs and into the eyes of the enemy.

Demons poured out of the bushes with their daggers raised and ready.

A single demon emerged from the bushes and stepped into the graze of land which created a battlefield for the two opponents. His silver armour beamed in the light and cast an elongated shadow on the dead grass. Embrosia's eyes found his and she assessed him, calculating many thoughts in her intelligent mind.

The demon gasped in surprise of her ravishing beauty. His mouth leaked saliva as he drooled over the beauty before him. This happened often. The rare sight of the infamous knight of hell was gorgeous enough to make any man drop to their knees and make any woman be consumed with envy lethal enough to kill them. But, this demon was a selfish man. His inner thoughts revealed his desire to keep Embrosia for himself instead of pawning her off to his king like he was ordered. However, his fear of the Devil was stronger than his attraction for the most beautiful woman in the universe

The demon snapped out of his daze as Embrosia cleared her throat getting impatient. She rolled her eyes as his words came out sputtered and breathless. Embrosia's eyes raked the man's figure and concluded that he would be an easy target to apprehend. If not with a swipe of her finger, then a dagger to his heart would surely diminish him quickly.

"Are you Embrosia; the knight of hell?" he inquired. Embrosia pondered whether she should reveal her identity or keep quiet. She was confused as to which option would take her down her desired path but at this point, all she wanted was a fight. Demons were tastier than lost souls and she was hungry. Embrosia nodded in response to the demon's words instead of using her raspy voice which was rarely heard. Besides using her silky, seductive voice to her advantage at lunchtime, there wasn't much wildlife to talk to and Embrosia found herself a little lonely.

Snapping back to the present, Embrosia's response shocked the demon and caused him to be cautious of whether the woman was mute or not. He was affirmative that his sire would shake with rage at the sight of his future queen lacking the ability to speak but his thoughts were cut short by the fear consuming his body.

Embrosia took her enemy's moment of thought as an opportunity to lift her hand and raise the demon into the air. He shook out of his trance, seeing he was suddenly floating above the ground and screamed, "demons, attack! Take her to the king! DEAD OR ALIVE!". Embrosia's ebony-stained lips curled into a mischievous grin as she slammed the demon in the air against a nearby tree, rendering him harmless.

Hundreds of demons swarmed the battlegrounds, all locking on one target.

Excitement and adrenaline rushed through Embrosia's veins.

The demons swung left, then right but Embrosia easily slid to the opposite side dodging all their advances. With one hand behind her back and inhuman speed, she launched an attack on the demon to her left. With a mere clench of her fist, blood gushed from the demon's eyes and gasps were heard from the surrounding enemies. They had never seen this type of power before. Shock settled amongst the crowd for a second before they lurched back into battle.

Embrosia hovered above the ground, dodging two attacks from her opponents. Flicking them away, she cleared the air momentarily before a group of eleven charged at her.

Blow by blow she dodged their attacks but a crack from her side caused fury to cloud her vision. Pushing the attacker away, Embrosia grasped the stick wedged in her hip and tentatively pulled it out without making a sound.