Chapter 1

As I lay in bed, restless, I start to hear the rain patter on my air conditioner. I couldn't seem to clear my head tonight, my mind just kept racing through every scenario that could happen to me in the future.

One- I could wake up one morning actually be attractive, walk out the door and boom bump right into my true love.

or two- I could actually just find someone to love me.

  I guess I'm pretty much just a lonely loser, I mean I'm 18 and still, I haven't found anyone that I had the feeling that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with them or at least spend more than a week with. I call them "Weeklies" because that's about how long my feelings for them last.

I'm a very picky person, even with my clothes and food. Even though I don't admit it very lightly.

Before I even knew it I saw the sun start to come through my window. Great. Another day working at "Caffenic Café " without any sleep. I slowly got up, hesitating about if I just wanted to lie, say I slept through my alarm and go to sleep or dreadfully deal with the day.

I decided to just get dressed in my usual black shirt with a teacup on the front and my black ripped jeans. I quickly put a comb through my light brown hair and brushed my teeth. "Greysen, sweetie are you ready to go?" I didn't quite know how to drive yet so my mum drove me to work with her every morning.

  It was my mum, Evelyn, and my dad, Cuthbert who opened the café years ago. They had the kind of love story that everyone envied. My parents also met in high school and been together since. They had my older sister, Jane and then they had me and my younger sister, Scarlett. I think in the whole time I've been alive I've only seen them argue here and there. Unless they just don't do it in front of us much.

Anyways, back to the café story. My mum loves to bake and my dad well, he just loves to do anything with my mum. You could tell how much they love each other by the way they look into each other's eyes. They started the café up and built it from the ground up with my sisters' and I always helping around. I didn't mind it, but my mum did have a set of strict rules that had to be followed. She even made us a list

Top 5 Work Rules

5-Don't steal any of the books from the café.

That was one was dumb if you ask me.

4-Always be on time.

Simple.

3- Always wear your uniform.

I absolutely hate it.

2- Always clean the tables at night.

Who even wouldn't?

1- You're not allowed to have any relationship with a co-worker. Not a sexual one, not a love one. Nothing.

This one is the easiest.

Even though she had these strict rules she was the first to believe in love and she would never stop it, but she doesn't believe in having it while working in her café.

"I'm ready, you ready?" She asked as I nodded while smiling and we hopped into her car. "I'm so happy tomorrow is my day off," I say while turning up my favorite radio station. Scarlett usually comes along, but she stayed the night at her boyfriend, Ryan's house. "Hey, you say that like your job is so hard." My mum said in reply.

"Oh yes, it's very hard. You never know I might steal one of the books from the café." I said jokingly and she looked at me like she was offended and then said "you wouldn't dare," in a strict tone.

I loved teasing my mum about her rules, but she knew I was never serious.

I grinned and looked out the window. As we pulled up, Jane was already watering the flowers outside. "Hey!!" She said with her usual morning smile, greeting us. One which would disgress throughout the day. I got out of the car and before I knew it, I was being full force attacked with a huge hug.

Addis Wright. My childhood best friend and coworker. I'm the one who got him the job because he was in need of some extra money to save for college. "Damn, you nearly knocked me over Addis," I said while hugging him tightly. "You look like you're standing up just fine," Addis replied as I rolled my eyes and walked into the brightly colored doors to the café.

On one side of the room was the café shelves full of every romantic book you could think of which I grew up reading or listening to. The bright purple walls held quotes, notes, and poems I had heard from my mum throughout my childhood. I have to admit this is one of the best places to be when you're not half asleep. "I'm so tired, I didn't get any sleep last night," I said.

Addis followed me, "late-night thinking again?" Addis asked and I nodded in reply. Addis used to be the one I would call when I couldn't sleep at night or we would go for a late-night walk just to clear our heads. "Yeah, I guess." I said and Addis smiled slightly, "you could take a nap in the back for a few if you want. I mean it's not on the rule list." Addis then smirked when he said that and I laughed. "What are you guys laughing about?"

My mum asked as she came in and looked at us suspiciously, "just a joke." I went into the back and I grabbed a piece of coffee cake from the rack because I hadn't eaten any breakfast yet. Addis came up behind me and stole the cake right out of my hand. "Hey, that's just rude," I slightly pouted. "Get over it, loser." He walked out and I was left without my coffee cake.

He was, let's just say. frustrating.

The back room of the café wasn't as nice as the rest, it had a warm and cozy feeling, but besides that, it was a just a light brown room. It wasn't too comfortable to rest in so I barely got a nap in.

Addis popped his head in a few times to check on me and gave a quick smile, but besides that, I was left alone.

Which got me thinking a lot and about things I shouldn't be thinking of.