Chapter 5

I didn't even know that he liked someone. How could I possibly not know that? I didn't even think he talked to anyone besides Lindsey and I outside his family.

My phone started to vibrate and it was an incoming video call from Lindsey.

"Hello?" She smiles and I smiled in return, "you up for a FaceTime sleep date?" At least she was okay or at least seemed okay.  Every other night we would usually take a night where we would just catch up and talk about everything. I wasn't going to tell her about what Addis had said because she takes things hard. "You know it."

As I laid on my bed, I slipped my earphones into my ears so Lindsey didn't wake everyone in the house. "Tell me a bedtime story," I laughed. Sometimes when I couldn't sleep at night I would just listen to Lindsey tell me the best stories because they would help me calm down or just make me happy, but sometimes her stories would get quite dark...

"You know sometimes you're too much, but luckily today I have the best story to tell!" I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing, "I'm listening." I cuddled into my blanket and put my phone on the charger, laying back into my pillows.

"Okay, there once was a girl and she was addicted to drugs. Let's say her name is, Marian and she had long blonde hair. She just wanted her crack so she was trying to hit up her dealer, but no luck so she resorted to the streets. Turns on the guy on the street was an undercover cop and he brought her into the station. He kept asking her questions and she was just responding with 'I don't know.' He went out of the room and somehow she escaped, but she was on the search to get what she needed then she finally did and went by the lake. They never saw her again. The end."

What in the hell. "You're so dark and weird sometimes, but I love you." I smiled, "I love you more." Of course, I always won these wars and she'd give up.

That's when an incoming call came in and I jumped, "Wait Lindsey I'll call you back my aunt is calling me."

It was Addis. She always gets mad at me for having to hang up, but if Addis was calling me it was important because he wouldn't call this late.

I hung up and picked up the call. "What's wrong, are you okay?" I asked and all I heard was a slight laugh. "yes, of course, I am. You worry too much, but I just wondering if you wanted to go for a late-night walk? We haven't been on one in a while." I smile like a complete idiot and even though it's late and slightly cold, I agreed.

I hang up and start to slip my shoes on. Damn. I almost forgot about Lindsey, I have to let her know, but I know she will be upset if she knew the real reason I couldn't call back.

I shoot her a quick text telling her that I had to go take a shower and she knows that my showers usually take around an hour or longer. I feel bad for lying to her, but I don't want her to get upset.

I quietly snuck down the stairs and went out. To my surprise, Addis was waiting by the door. "Wow, not creepy at all." I punch him in his arm lightly and gesture him to come along.

The wind was cold, but besides that, it was very quiet as Addis and I walked down the trail behind the house next door. "So, what brings us out here tonight?" I ask looking at him by my side. 

"Just couldn't sleep and wanted to talk. It's beautiful out also, right?" It was freezing and probably around 20 degrees. "You are not okay if you think it's nice out!"

Addis was always in love with the winter and snow, which I secretly was too, but I never let him know that. "Come on let's go this way." There used to be this one clearing right by the lake, it had a beautiful view of the sky and there was even a small bench that wasn't very stable these days. 

It was one of my favorite places to go, he must have remembered that because that's exactly where we ended up going to."This place still looks amazing, even with all the snow." I looked around and smiled, "you look happy." He smiled softly, looking into my eyes, "I am," I replied and ran to the bench that was still there. Addis sat beside me, "isn't it crazy?"

I look over at him curiously, "what?"

"What the world thinks love is. All they care about is hookups and dating apps, love isn't like the movies or anything." That came out of nowhere. "Yeah, sadly there are not many good ones left out there anymore."

"That's right, but it's still crazy. I sound so corny right now, damn I should really shut up." He chuckled and it made me smile, "no! Keep going and tell me everything on your mind."

He breathed in, "it's just I want something real, you know? With someone who means it when they say forever." I took a deep breath in now and noticed how handsome he looked over there under the moonlight. When he talked about this I could tell he really meant it. He was real. I quickly looked down and I had butterflies in my stomach. 

"I agree with you, Addis. Real is rare nowadays."

He looked at me, "don't you use those dating apps?" I nod because sadly, I did. "Why?" He asked. "I don't know, I don't like to talk much in person because I'm weird and shy. So, I guess the internet is the one place that I could be me with a screen as my cover." I looked up at the sky and shivered a bit. "Here."

He started to his jacket off and put it around me. I tried to hide my red face with his jacket and hoped he didn't see that I was blushing. "Thanks, but now you're going to freeze!"

"Remember? I love the cold and I mean you're worth freezing for." I blushed harder, "plus now you owe me."

I rolled my eyes, "what exactly do I owe you, Addis Wright?"

He smirked, "I'll let you know when the time comes, but for now I have a question."

"Hm?" I said in reply, "Greysen, would you know what love was if it was right in front of your face?" 

Authors note: Shout out to FiftyShadesOfTimmy 
Ps. I'll be uploading every Sunday again (: