FiVe

By the time I get to Chris' house its already almost 1 in the morning. Chris' bedroom light is on, hes still awake. I don't bother knocking and walk in. 
Chris' mom is making some food in the kitchen and I hear voices coming from the living room, Martin and Chris are sitting in the living room talking and watching tv. 
"Hey bud" Chris says when turns to see me. 
"Hi" I simply say and sit down next to Martin on the long couch. 
"You look exhausted" Martin points out. 
"I am" I say with angry clear in my voice. 
"What happened?" Chris asks. 
"My fucking dad, thats what. We got into it and then I went to the bar. Didn't have enough money to pay so I spent over a fucking hour cleaning shit up for that stupid fucking bartender" I roll my eyes. 
"Man that must have sucked" Chris laughs. 
"No, it was fun actually" I say sarcastily. 
"No need to get pissy" 
"I'm staying here tonight" I sigh. 
"Cool" Chris nods and I do too. 
A loud scream comes from the kitchen, then a crash. All three of us run into see Chris' mom looking the small tv on the counter. I monuver so I can see what she is looking at. It looks like she's watching a zombie movie. 
"What mom?" Chris shouts running to her. 
"Z-zombie apocolypse" she points the tv. 
"The first report on the zombie invasion was yesterday night around 6 pm. A man by the name of Richard Stern brought in his wife to the HooverDam Medical Center claiming she was trying to eat him. Soon after the man's wife, Barbra had bittin Stern's hand." the newsreporter directs my attention. "Stern and his wife were put under close examination. Within hours the doctors were able to determine that his wife had some how turned into a zombie. 2 hours later Stern had turned into a zombie from the bite from his wife where then the doctor tried to kill Stern and his wife only to get bitin, running out of the hospital followd by Stern, the two are now roaming the streets of HooverDam here in Canada. This is all we have the story. We'll be right back" 
"This is crazy" Chris ruffles his hair and sits down on the stool. HooverDam is only..half an hour away from here, they could be anywhere by now. And they could have bitin more people." Martin look between the 3 of us as he talks. 
"Lock the doors and windows. No one is leaving tonight" I say sternly taking control. Martin, Chris and I find every window and lock it tight while Chris' mom locks the front and back door. 
I hope my parents know whats going on. 
"Chris, don't you have guns in your room?" his mom asks him, he flushes and then nods. We run up to his room, grab all 5 of his guns and bring them down stairs. 
"Just in case" I say putting my pocket knife on the pile of weapons sitting on the island. 
"And were back...we have recieved word that the 2 men have been seen walking around the streets of Ottwa, they have already bitin as close to 20 people. We erge anyone in that area to stay in doors, lock your windows and doors. Do not leave, I repeat do not leave your homes for any reason" 
"Oh shit, thats not that far from here." Martin utters sitting down. 
"How do you know?" I ask folding my arms in front of my chest.
"Because I live there. I though you knew that" 
"No" I shake my head. 
"Who gives a fuck. There is obviously a bigger issue right now." Chris shouts. He's right, with each passing second another person gets turned, the plauge getting closer to us. 
"The Channel 5 news helicopter is hovering over the scene now." the new reporter says. The screen flashes to a street filled with panicking people and pale white, blood matted people biting everyone. The men and women screaming in pain then very quickly getting up and following them, making there way around to get to more people. 
"The zombies have reached Quebec now. Please stay in doors." the news lady says. Chris' mom screeches. 
"Mom, its okay. They can't get us" 
"That was fast, way to fast." I say. 
"What are we going to do guys?" Martin asks as Chris hugs his mom. 
"I don't know" I shrug as I look back at the Tv, they're showing more scenes from the zombies, they're getting closer and closer within minutes. 
"Why don't they get out there and stop them. They need to kill them" Chris' mom cries. 
"They can't just stop them, were dealing with supernatural things that can kill us within seconds if we try to stop them. If they send out a swat team I doubt many would survive, not even the army would have enough control over it." I tell her. 
"So this is our reality now? A zombie apocolypse. Sitting and waiting till they get to us...till they turn us as well?" she sighs. 
"I don't know. But it may be more then that. Whatever turned that woman into a zombie could still be around. That could turn us too. Not just other zombies. We could be sitting in here thinking we are completely protected when were not." I shrug. 
"A Swat team is now on the scence trying to take control" the lady on the Tv says. I chuckle a little at the stupid police who think they are able to control the supernatural. 
I watch on the small screen as the big group of maybe 30 men all the in the same uniform go towards the zombies, soon the men are bitin and drop, clearly making the situation worse. One man shoots, the zombie not even flinching, moving towards the men. Then again and again. More shots fired not even making a dent in the army of zombies coming at them. Then one zombie is shot in the head, it falls and does not get back up again. My focus is now only on the tv. 
A man shouts something and they all start shooting at the heads, the zombies start dropping as the members of the Swat team that have already been bitin get up as their new beings only to drop again as their friends and maybe even family shoots at them when just moments ago they were working together to kill the zombies. 
One man from the Swat team goes to shoot only to put his gun down and look at the pale zombie from the Swat team. The man looks like he's looking into a mirror or at a dear friend he hasn't seen in a while. He must have been friends with that zombie. The zombie man lurches forward on the live man trying to bite him, the man fighting back but soon he is bitin on the hand and the zombie is shot. 
The camera man unfocuses on the man but I notice him run away from the terrible scene, he will be a zombie soon and who knows where he will be when that happens.