03.

at first, hoseok thought he was dreaming

at first, hoseok thought he was dreaming. an incredibly vivid dream. but when he could smell hanna's lavender perfume, (and the milk on his socks) he had to believe that this was real. it took him a moment to comprehend what was happening. the girl of his dreams was kissing him, on the floor, in the middle of the kitchen in a small puddle of milk.

electricity shot through his veins as he felt hanna's warm, soft lips against his own. and as quickly as it had started, it stopped. hanna pulled away, her eyes wide, but there was a fleeting grin playing on her soft lips. "sorry..." she mumbled, her cheeks redder than roses.

"don't apologize!" hoseok exclaimed quickly, instinctively grabbing her hand. "i... shit, hanna. i've been wanting to do that for so long."

she smiled so widely, hoseok wondered if he would start crying. he gulped, "i like you a lot hanna. i've liked you for a while now. maybe since high school,"

when she smirked slightly, he gulped again. "definitely since high school."

and her eyes lit up, even brighter than they were before, "i...i..." she exhaled deeply in an attempt to calm herself down, "hobi-ah, do you know how happy i was when jihye started dating yoongi?"

hoseok tilted his head to the side, "jihye? yoongi?"

"i was happy for them, of course. but i thought you liked her, remember?" hanna said sheepishly, looking down. "selfish, i know. but-"

"no hanna," hoseok said, feeling his heart rise, "it's you. it's always been you. and it will always be you." he nearly melted at hanna's euphoric expression. when neither of them said anything, hoseok finally stood up from the kitchen floor and reached his hand out to hanna- who happily took it. hoseok glanced at the clock, it was midnight. way, way past his bedtime. "i guess i'll take a shower, can you finish up the cookies?"

hanna nodded, still grinning. before he could say anything more awkward, he hurried into the hallway and into the bathroom, thankful for the escape. his brain cells could finally regroup.

hoseok peeled his sweaty clothes off and hopped into the warm shower, allowing the water to wash away all of his fears. she likes me. his brain screamed. she likes me! hoseok smiled as he washed his face, still not believing that this wasn't a dream.

he always thought that these lovesick feelings would pass, that they would disappear like the shower water into the drain. but they didn't. those feelings never left. they were so strong that they kept hoseok up at night. and he would think of her, hoping that maybe, just maybe she was thinking of him too.

and finally, hoseok didn't have to pray to every god in the universe that they would rid him of these feelings. for hanna returned them. and that was more than hoseok could ever ask for.

eventually, he stepped out of the shower, dried himself off, and put on some sweats.

hoseok met his own gaze in the reflection of the mirror. his face was flushed and his eyes were bright. so this is what being in love feels like... he thought to himself with a soft laugh as he opened the bathroom door. and suddenly, his euphoric feeling diminished ever so slightly once he stepped out of the bathroom, he sniffed the air.

something's burning.

hoseok's feet pounded the floor as he tore through the hallway and into the kitchen. he stopped at the doorway to see hanna leaning against the counter and staring off into space. the burning smell nearly singed hoseok's nose hairs. "hanna!" he gaped.

she snapped out of her daze and looked up at him. "what?"

"the motherf-"

"the cookies!" hanna cried suddenly, finally entering reality again. she raced over to the oven, turned it off, and opened it. a huge cloud of smoke arose from the oven and into the kitchen. hoseok raced for the window and shoved it open, allowing some of the smoke to escape.

crisis averted. somewhat.

"dumbass." hoseok scoffed. "you burned the cookies!"

hanna facepalmed herself with a groan, "i'm sorry..." she mumbled. "i zoned out."

hoseok grinned and slid over to hanna, resting his chin on her shoulder, "thinking of me, i presume?"

"go away!" hanna whined as she placed the cookies onto the counter. they were nearly black. hanna picked one up, examined it, and placed it back onto the tray. she brushed the black cookie crumbs off of her hands and looked up at him sheepishly, "oops."

"dumbass!" hoseok scoffed again.

"i might be a dumbass. but i'm your dumbass," hanna said in a sing-song voice as she wrapped her arm around his. his mind went blank, but he could still feel the beating of his heart, speeding up at an incredible rate. he sighed and rubbed his temples, "you're gonna be the death of me, lee hanna."

she giggled, nearly causing him to melt again. and for a short moment, they stayed their in each other's embrace, staring down at the black cookies. hanna sighed at the mess that they created, "we don't have a gift for sungjin anymore, i guess."

hoseok yawned and glanced at the clock for the upteenth time that night, "it's late, hanna." he mumbled, his eyelids drooping, "i'm going to bed." she released his arm slowly, as if she did not want to let go, "i guess i'll head to sleep then," she murmured, "oh, hobi-ah, do you have any clothes i can wear to bed? i didn't bring any."

hoseok nodded with a smile and hurried off to his room, picking out a random t-shirt and sweatpants like his own.

"thank you," she said, running her hand over the cotton shirt, still not looking up at him.

"i'm going to bed," hoseok said once again, mentally cursing himself for the redundancy for the second time that night. hanna nodded awkwardly, "good night, hobi."

hoseok took one step out of the kitchen before stopping at the doorway. he turned around and hanna looked up at him expectantly, a slightly confused expression on her face.

"you coming?" he asked with a grin.

and the look on hanna's face was something hoseok wanted tattooed on his forehead.

a/n :

babiessss. i'm soft.

and i want this tattooed onto MY forehead.