Introduction

"Aight soldier, what's your name?" the Warrent Officer Baker growled, tapping the pen impatiently against the clipboard.

"Mark Chander, sir," the man replied, although he was hardly a man to Baker. The young scout seemed scarcely old enough to even legally drink. He was proven incorrect when looking down at the new recruit sheet, eyeing the birth date. Twenty-five. That was still young compared to his ripe age of fifty-six, his other companions nearing around their mid-thirties.

"They call you Mute?"

A head nod.

"I can see why... Well, they call me Thatcher. My full name is Mike Baker," the other explained, tucking the clipboard underneath his arm and holding a hand out. Mark took the hand, shaking it quietly. Everything he did was quiet, that was just him.

It had been a while since the SAS recruited someone new, making it surprising for Thatcher when the director of Six suggested taking a look at this rookie. The S.A.S. had been a solid team of three for a couple of years now, consisting of: Sledge, Seamus Cowdon, a strong, hard-headed man specializing in breaching, Smoke, James Porter, a daring thrill seeker with a love for the chaotic, and Thatcher, who acted as the team leader. Now, Mute joined the party, making them a team of four.

James is going to be disappointed when he can't call us the three musketeers, Mike thought to himself, while giving Mark another look over. He was tall with broad shoulders and a muscular frame, more of a youthful muscular rather than Seamus' tank-like structure made from years of training. He still had his boyish features, animated eyes, rosy cheeks and soft features made him look much younger than he actually was.

"So, you want to check out your room? We've got two per room, so your flatmate is..." He paused, trying to remember. "Oh, that's right, you've got James."

Mark just nodded, smiling faintly. He was excited, even if he didn't express it that well. His eyes revealed his emotions, sparkling with eagerness at this new facility.

The two headed down the left hallway off from the entrance.