~ 2 ~

What have I gotten myself into? My mum woke me up at 7 am to get ready for this stupid group. "Let's go let's go let's gooo!" She says melodically. It was like the entire universe was mocking me for my laziness. I roll over so I'm facing my wall, regretting yesterdays decisions. I feel my mum pull a pillow from my bed, but I don't have the skills to move quick enough before she hit me over the head with it. I still up and death stare her. "What?!" I say, frustrated. Mum throws the pillow back at me and smiles. "Good, you're up. Get dressed." She says. I roll my eyes and lie back down. I hear her scoff as she walks towards my door. Finally, I think. Then, through my closed eyes, I see the light turn on and off repeatedly. "Okay! I'm up!" I say, sitting up. I'm wearing a big t-shirt with loose shorts, and my mum already looks gorgeous for work. Sometimes I wonder how she's so perfect and I'm so... me. I stand up and walk to my closet, ushering my mother our of my room for some privacy. I pick out blue skinny jeans, grey, loose cropped shirt, and a leather jacket. I'll have to take the jacket off before I go in, though, there's this one guy, Adrien, who's a major vegan. He'd have my head if I walked in with it on. 

While we're driving to Lichen Hospital, I know gross name, my mum cranks Don't Stop Believin'. I know it's an old song, but it's my favourite song. We're both singing along until we get there. When she pulls up, I lean over and hug her. When I open the door, she yells out "I LOVE YOU"... I'm forever embarrassed, everyone turned around. I slam the door, almost dropping my oxygen tank (Luckily I got it in the car before my mother said anything) and walked inside. I go in and look around, looking for Angi. I'm trying to spot her, then I see her adorable, curly red hair bouncing up and down, pretending to be a fairy. I Walk over to her and kneel down, tapping on her shoulder. She turns around and immediately has the biggest smile on her face. "Lya!" She yells, jumping into my arms. I love it when she calls me that. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her head. "How are you?" She asks. 
"I'm doing good, what have you been up to?" I ask. Angi twirls a little in her fairy dress and I smile. "Are you a fairy today?" I ask, and she nods. I laugh as she jumps around happily. 

After about ten minutes of watching Angi dance around like a fairy, Andrew comes in and sits in front of us. I hold Angi's hand and bring her to the back of the room where I usually sit. I jump up on a table and lift Angi to sit next to me. I pull my phone out and start looking through a social media app JustNow! until Angi exposes me. She shoots her hand up and says; "Lya's on her phone, Andie." This. This is why I hate children. If Angi wasn't the only good person in the world, I swear I would've slapped her. But I love her too much to ever do that. "Lyra May--" Andrew begins, but I cut him off. "Lyra. Just Lyra." I say. 
"Okay. Lyra, hand me the phone." He says. I reluctantly stand up and awkwardly walk to the front of the room. When I hand it to him, I went to walk away when he stops me. "So, Lyra, we haven't seen you for a few weeks." He says. I roll my eyes and turn back around. "Why's that?" He asks. I walk back up to him and turn to everyone, sighing. Well, I simply have better things to do than come here every Sunday and talk about how my sickness is going and how sad I have become, it's too much to handle after a long week.
Is what I wanted to say. Instead, I say; "Well... I've been sick." I say, shrugging. That earns me some laughs. I smile nervously and look back and Andrew, who's also laughing. "How have you been?" He asks. I purse my lips and nod.
"Not bad... I mean besides dying and everything." I say, which makes them laugh more. Apparently I'm funny? Finally, Andrew nods before letting me sit back down with Angi. 

Half-way-though Andrews speech about god... or something, I walked Angi back to her room and sat down at the end of her bed. Angi had Myeloma, a cancer of the immune system, so when she said to me that she wanted to go lie down, of course, I said okay. Now we're playing Go Fish and watching the TV, Angi squealing with delight every time she gets a pair. "Lya do you know what I want to be when I grow up?" She asks me with a smile. I smile and shake my head.
"Let me guess, a... maid?" I ask, smiling. 
"Noooo," Angi replied with a giggle. 
"Hm... a police officer?" I ask, watching Angi's precious hair bounce as she shakes her head vigorously.
"Noooo," She says, with the biggest smile on her face. I snap my fingers.
"Oh! I know! An Elephant!" I say. Angi falls back and squeals with laughter. She can't stop laughing, and it's contagious. I start giggling away with her, I end up needing to take a moment to get my breathing back. When we calm down, I look at her. "What do you want to be?" I ask. Angi smiles and whispers to me. "A fairy." She says. That's the cutest thing I've ever heard. 
"A fairy?" I say. That explains the fairy costume. Angi nods, with the biggest smile on her face. 

We continue to play Uno, Angi got bored of go fish, until Angi's mum came in to take her home. I gave her a big hug and then she left. It takes me about five minutes to clean up the Uno cards, put all the jello cups in the bin and make the bed again, then I go to leave. 
As I'm walking out of the hospital, I here a child squeal. I whip my head around, and I guess I didn't stop walking because I feel myself walk into something hard. I fall back, letting out a scream, dropping my tank and making a loud clang. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you liked Chapter 2, I had help from a friend for the end. :)

Word Count - 1094