Fymoji - (Part 1) Talk me Off the Edge

Oh boy, sadness hours. Yes this is more Fymoji, my OTP and it was a request. Another oneshot in the same day?! What a surprise! Request by @misticastle I changed it a bit because of *cough* inspiration... The title might not match but I liked the name and I wrote this on my own.

Trigger warning: HEAVY ANGST 

"Hey honey," Fyrus' voice calls though the quiet house. "I'm going out to take a walk..." Jay pokes his head out of the hallway.

"Okay, just be safe please." Fyrus nods and grabs his keys, opening the door, and walking down the street.

-1 Hour Timeskip, Jay's POV-

Fyrus hasn't come home yet and I'm starting to worry. It's getting dark, maybe he just got lost or distracted. I grab my phone and call him. "Oh, I hope he's okay" I whisper to myself. The phone rings once, twice. He picks up! "Fyrus! Where are you, and are you okay?" It's only until now that I realize I'm pacing around the living room. There's a small sigh on the other end of the phone.

"I'm fine," He pauses. "Why'd you call?" His voice is oddly calm, very soothing. Something I adore about him. I can hear wind blowing from his side of the call. 

"Because, you've been gone for an hour and it's getting time to eat. Plus you didn't really say why you were leaving." I take a breath, not realizing I was even holding my breath. "I'm just really worried..."

-Fyrus' POV-

I feel a pang of guilt in my chest. I close my eyes and listen to the wind, and the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. 'Just let go, he'll be fine' My thoughts say to me. It will be so simple, so freeing, so easy. I feel myself be brought back to reality when Jay speaks again. 

"Hey you never answered me. Where are you?" I don't say anything, carefully trying to choose my next words. i don't want to make this worse for him than it will be. After all, loosing a loved one will hurt more than imaginable, I don't want it to sting more. 

"No where you need to worry about. It's okay...I'm okay..." Damnit, I heard my voice crack at the end. Even I can't admit it. No, don't think about it, I'll be gone soon. Jay will be fine...

-3rd person POV-

Immediately, something clicks in Jay's mind. 'The nearest bridge, to the big city.' It's roughly an hours walk there.' He thinks, frantically looking for his keys and bolts to his car. "Fyrus, love, why? If you're where I think you are please tell me why." He only hears another sigh through the phone. Jay starts the car and speeds off to the bridge. 

"Well...you caught me. I might as well explain part of it so you understand. I guess I can say that everything just seems so bleak, which is crazy since I'm with you. I guess I just feel like I've lost any kind of purpose or motivation for anything. Don't worry about me honey. Don't grieve too long, move on. It's what's best." His voice wavers, becoming more and more guilty for making Jay worry. His words slow and careful.

Jay speeds up the car, while still in the legal limit, racing to the bridge where Fyrus is at. "No, no it's not!" He exclaims, mixture of concern and fear in his voice as he tries not to cry. "It's not okay and I want to help. Please, let me help." His pleading voice is the clearest thing Fyrus can hear. It's louder than the blowing wind, louder than the crashing waves below him. Jay's voice is laced with concern. "Please think about it. I'm here, all our friends are here. We can fix whatever's on your mind. There is hope, please don't forget that." He parks the car on the side of the bridge, seeing Fyrus' figure looking over the edge. His back is to Jay, but he can hear his soft footsteps walk closer to him. His phone beeps, Fyrus ended the call. 

He speaks without looking behind him. "Jay...talk me off the edge. Please. It hurts and I really don't wanna do it. But I can't..." His voice trails off and he sniffs, fighting back tears. Jay slowly keeps walking towards Fyrus, careful not to startle him in this state. He makes it it the edge and leans on the railing that Fyrus is sitting on. "I know it's wrong but I can't help it sometimes, ya know?" 

Jay solemnly nods before speaking up. "I do, and I want you to know that I'll be here, loving and supporting you through all of it. I'll be completely honest, I don't know what you're going through. But I'll do everything in my power to help you. I promise." Fyrus softly smiles and turns to him.

"Thank you, so much, honey." He whispers, and Jay simply nods and smiles in response. There is a pause and Fyrus deeply inhales. "Okay, I'll be fine. For now at least." He places a hand on one of Jay's resting arms. "I- I think I want to go home now." Jay takes his hand and helps him off the bridge railing. He walks Fyrus to the car, with Fyrus kinda leaning on him for support. 

"You know, despite the circumstances, the view here is really nice." Jay points to the sunset in front of them. "And yet you look so much better." Fyrus slightly flushes as they get into the car. Jay gets in and drives off, back home. The rest of the ride is quiet, but Jay snuck a hand into Fyrus'. 

Oh what't this? Two part oneshot? Yes, yes it is. Don't worry, part 2 will be out soon, maybe.

~AshinAce