I like you a latte - GGtastic

Request by: @AnotherHatChild I think, getting a bit lost in my requests because of how long it's been but I'm sure it'll be fine. I DID ART FOR THIS LOOK! While this is GGtastic, but there's a bit of Fymoji because why not. The coffee puns are strong in this one. Also, I don't know much about coffee so yeah- Enjoy!

Cafe Inkspresso is a small coffee shop in Inkopolis. A cozy place to grab a drink. It's also awfully convenient for Gab, who has a bit of a huge coffee addiction. It's just down the block his apartment so it's even more convenient. Almost like some kind of God made it that way... 

Anyways-

It's a wonderful little cafe. Whenever he has time, Gab will stay at one of the small tables with his computer until he finishes his drink. The shop is the perfect little place to stay if you ever need comfort. That's what Gab will always say at least. There are also wonderful people that work there, making the environment even more welcoming. The inkling that takes his order is very nice. He's read the inkling's name tag as 'Vian.' Recently he's been going every day. It's probably not the healthiest thing to do but Gab swears he's trying to slow it down. 

Vian has definitely noticed that Gab comes in almost every day. He would take his order (A mocha with two shots of espresso), and Gab will sit down near one of the cafe's windows. Cafe Inkspresso gets a lot of customers in the morning, which makes sense, but Vian will always see Gab come in. He assumes that Gab gets his coffee first thing in the morning, which confuses the inkling since he's so cheerful even before ordering. He isn't sure what it is but he finds Gab quite charming.

"Psst- Vian. The line is starting to get long. Think you can handle it?" His friend and coworker Jay pokes him, pulling him out of his thoughts. Jay gestures to the line of customers. He nods and smiles.

"You just get ready to make all these drinks." He says, turning to the first person in line. "Welcome to Cafe Inkspresso. What would you like?" As he's writing up their order, Vian notices a certain inkling walk in from behind the line. 

Gab orders his usual and waits for his drink. Sometimes he'd make small conversation with one of the baristas while waiting. They're like mystery friends to him. He's called over and he picks up his drink from the counter.

Sitting down, Gab takes another sip of his coffee, glancing around the cafe. It'll be the last time for a while that he'll be here. He's going to visit his parents for a few months. A whole family thing must be being planned. He's going to miss this place. It's not like he's not coming back, but it will be a while. Gab scrolls though his phone while he takes his sweet time finishing his drink.

~Short Timeskip~

The long line of early-in-the-morning customers has slowly freed up. Vian uses that as an opportunity to take a quick break, letting Jay take over taking the orders. He sees Fyrus, another coworker of his, give him an amused look. "You seem interested in that pink-haired inkling over there." Fyrus starts. Vian's only response is to tilt his head. 

"I just think it's becoming a bit unhealthy of him to come here every day...or something." He trails off. It's not exactly a lie. 

"Aww how cute!" Fyrus coos. "You care about him don't you?" Vian runs a hand though his hair before responding.

"I could say the same about you and Jay." He notices the octoling's face heat up. 

"What?!-"

"You care about him don't you?" The inkling mimics the tone of voice from earlier. Fyrus rolls his eyes in embarrassment. Now it's Vian's turn to have the amused look. 

After a minute of silence Fyrus responds. "Fine, you got me." Vian hums. "I'd be lying if I didn't say I like him..."

"Anyways," Vian starts, changing the subject. "We should both get back to working now huh." The octoling nods and walks over to the drink making counter.