Chapter 2: Family 143

'Cause here we are again on that little town street
You almost ran the red 'cause you were looking over at me
Wind in my hair, I was there
I remember it all too well

Photo album on the counter,
Cheeks are turning red
You used to be a little kid with glasses
In a twin-size bed

Your mother's telling me stories about you in a tee ball team
You taught me 'bout your past thinking your future was me

"Okay, review review!" aligagang sabi ni Rita.

"Yung daddy mo head ng Chan Group Of Companies, yung mom mo naman madalas nasa bahay lang but sometimes attends events because she's the chairwoman, apat kayong magkakapatid at in order; Destiny is a writer based in Canada, you, Yuan takes over your other businesses and..." Rita snaps her fingers, trying to remember the fourth sibling, "Robert! You never told me what his job is. Nag-aaral pa ba siya?"

"Actually..." he cringed. "Hon, may sasabihin sana ako sa'yo. I should've said it earlier."

"What is it, hon?"

"Robert is actually called Boyet and he has autism."

"Okay..."

"At quadruplets kaming lahat."

Halos maibuga na ni Rita ang tubig na iniinom niya, "Hon, what the heck! Ba't ngayon mo lang sinabi 'to, are you all identical?"

"...yes."

"Wow." she exhaled. "So I'm going to see a female, bad boy and autistic version of you?"

"Kind of..." he said. "Sorry na hon."

"No, it's okay. Thank you for telling me.. It's just that... kinakabahan talaga ako, hon." Rita confessed.

"Don't be, they will like you." Ken assured her as he kissed her hand that he's holding.

"What if they don't? What if isipin nilang I'm not rich enough for you? Na I'm not Chinese enough for you? What if they won't agree with my religion? What if--"

"Shh shh. Nago-overthink ka na naman eh."

"It's just..." she sighed. "Your dad is a rich and successful businessman, Destiny's a writer, and your other siblings are intellectuals."

"So? Kasing successful mo lang din naman sila ah."

"No, I'm way behind them. I'm a fine arts graduate, on a scholarship pa! I live in a small condo unit and hindi mabilang ang mga mansyon niyo. What are they going to say about my family? Na--"

Ken had cut her off with a kiss. "You're going to be great. Just be yourself, kaya mo 'yan. Kung hindi ka man nila magustuhan, wala akong pakialam. Di ba sabi mo nga..."

"Me, you and God." sabay nilang sambit.

After five months of dating, ngayon lang nila napagdesisyunang ipakilala si Rita sa family ni Ken.

Rita was scared; that's for sure.

Nakarating na sila sa bahay ng mga Chan and she was amazed. The house--actually calling it a house is an understatement, she only sees a mansion like this in movies. Dahil dito ay mas kinabahan siya.

Ken parked his car and a maid opened the door for them papasok sa loob. She felt like... a princess? Para siyang isang batang nakapasok sa isang palasyo.

They walked, hand in hand, papunta sa napakalaking dining room kung saan kumakain ang pamilya; his parents and Yuan.

"Oh Ken-Ken, you're here!" bati ng ina niya at niyakap siya, "and you are?"