*The Chase*

"What the fuck?!" Chen tried to call Nine's number again but the prompt said that the subscriber cannot be reached.

"Chen, man, what is going on?" Pavel asked.

Chen held up a finger, he tried to call another number.

"Yo, is he with you?"

"He asked to be dropped off"

Chen was having a major headache. "Okay, thank you. Did he say anything?"

"To remember that we never met him."

Chen's gut twisted upon hearing those words. He disconnected the call and made his way out of the party.

"Dude, where are you going?" Pavel asked.

"I know where he is."

Nine was sitting beside Mrs. Kim waiting for the transfer when he suddenly heard a knock on the door.

When Nine opened the door, he was captured in a warm embrace. He realized that it was Chen.the other boy's smell enveloped him and made him feel secure. He started crying.

"Hush, it's okay. I'm not going to let him near you."

"How did you find me?"

"I know you'd go back home." Chen wiped Nine's tears.

"Then why aren't you at the restaurant?"

"I said home" Chen gestured to the sleeping couple "they are your home. Come on, let me buy you something to eat."

Nine changed his clothes and they left the room. Nine gave instructions to contact him for anything.

They went to the cafeteria near the hospital.

"I've never seen you so scared before..." Chen trailed off.

"Yes. He was... is my fiance."

Chen held Nine's hand "It's okay if you are not ready to talk about it."

"No, I need to let this out of my chest." Nine proceeded to tell his story.

- 4 years ago -

Nine just got out of his class and was heading towards the pool for a quick swim. He was changing in the locker room when he heard a voice from behind him "I thought I saw an angel."

Nine turned around and saw a tall boy around his age, the boy smiled at him. Nine returned the smile. "Well, hello to you too Wang Yibo"

"So when are you going out with me?"

The boy is relentless, Nine thought. "How many times do I have to tell you that it's a no?" Nine said with a smile.

"Let's make a bet?"

"Yibo, you are cute but you are silly."

"Since we are both competing under the same swimming team, why don't we do a race?"

"You know you can't win." Nine gave him a wink.

"So, do we have a deal? If I beat you, we go out on a date."

"Beat me first" Nine then headed to the pool.

On his way out of the locker room, he was stopped by Ohm with his arms across his chest.

Nine rolled his eyes when he saw the boy "what do you want?"

"You are not answering my texts." Ohm answered.

"I didn't know I had to."

"Then I see you here flirting with Yibo. 'I thought I saw an angel.' Have you ever thought about what I would feel?" Ohm parroted Yibo.

"Let me remind you, you are not my boyfriend nor my fiance."

"Ah yeah, I forgot, we are just friends with benefits, when you are bored." Ohm sounded hurt.

Nine saw Yibo approaching and said "I found someone I really like Ohm. Please do not make it difficult." Nine pleaded.

Ohm was staring at Yibo like he wants to strangle him.

Yibo stopped in front of Nine and said "Be prepared to lose."

"You wish."

Nine and Yibo took their places by the edge of the pool. For some odd reason, Nine felt nervous. He wanted to win but he also wanted to lose.

There has always been this push and pull energy between them and when Yibo finally asked him out, he knew that he needed to make it right and that he needed to end this game that he is playing with Ohm.

Probably because of Nine's overthinking or the fire in Yibo's belly that made the latter win.

Yibo swam to Nine's side "Saturday night, I'll pick you up." He suddenly kissed his cheek.

Nine couldn't help but blush. "I can't wait!"

From the sidelines, a jealous Ohm was watching the interaction.

Ohm decided that he'll have Nine back. By hook or by crook.