1. If She Was There

Luke's POV

He knew what he had to do. There was no other way and Percy, as well as Annabeth, realized that. It's too hard to look at the face of the girl I practically raised, thought Luke as he brought her dagger down on his Achille's heel. The cut wasn't deep but it sure hurt a lot. 

He looked at Percy. He needed to tell him because he didn't want it to happen again. He wouldn't let what happened to him and Ethan and so many others ever happen to anyone else ever again. He didn't have much time left so he told Percy everything. Just as he was wrapping up, lightningstruck.  Maybe it was the Gods returning, maybe Luke would get to see his father one last time before he died.

But it wasn't the Gods. It was Thalia. Luke inhaled sharply. How. . .? Why? Thalia was the last person on Earth he'd wanted to see. He didn't want her to see him like this. He felt like crying. Seeing her. . . It brought back too many memories. The only time he'd let himself cry was when Thalia had died. He didn't think it was shameful to cry about it and neither did anyone else who saw him cry. Now it was Luke who was going to die. Nobody could fault him for crying now but he wouldn't. . . he couldn't. Thalia marched in. Luke noticed that she was limping slightly and he wondered if she'd gotten hurt. She saw what was going on and assessed the scene before her, trying to figure out what had happened. Realization dawned on her face. Luke didn't know what he expected but he certainly didn't imagine that she would start screaming at him. Okay, in all honesty, she didn't start screaming. In fact, her voice was pretty calm but her tone was icy and, though very faint, Luke thought he heard some sort of pain in her voice. "Why Luke? Why did you promise me a home? Why did you give me hope? You said that you cared but i realized you never meant it, I truly realized it, the day you poisoned my tree. I didn't think you were so heartless. I didn't believe that you had truly left me but, I guess, I was proven wrong. You don't deserve to die a hero's death. You definitely don't deserve Elysium, not after what you've done to. . . us" said Thalia, her voice dripping with hatred.

Thalia's POV

Thalia hated him. No that was an understatement. She loathed him with every single fibre of her being and she needed to let him know that before he died. So she let it all go in that one moment, standing before him just as he was about to die.

 At some point during her . . . accusations she had knelt down next to Luke though she didn't remember exactly when she had done so. Thalia was taking deep breaths, as though she had run a mile, even though she hadn't. Luke's breathing however seemed to be getting shallower. She wanted to slap him with her words, make him feel at least a fraction of the pain she had felt when he left her to join the dark side.

 "Thalia. . ." Said Luke. Thalia felt like she was the one who'd been slapped.  Luke's voice seemed too small, too frail, too. . . sincere to be his own. Thalia closed her eyes refusing to look at him. Luke didn't have much time left, she could tell.

 "I love you Thalia, I always have." He said, his voice, though still quiet, was very firm as he said this. And suddenly, without any warning, his hands went slack in Percy's and his eyes stared without seeing. And Thalia Grace shed a single tear.

Thalia couldn't think properly. . . Why?, was the one question that formed properly in her mind, over and over again. Why? Why did he betray us all? Why did he have to promise us, promise ME that we would have a future? Why did he have to die?. . .  Why didn't he tell me sooner? That could have made all the difference in the world. But now she shuffled closer to him and whispered in a soft, gentle tone that barely anyone had ever heard from her,"I love you too."  Annabeth inhaled her breath from some distance away but this went unnoticed by Thalia who was searching, desperately, in Luke's, familiar, light blue eyes, for some trace of the light that used to shine in them. She shed some more tears, silent ones, as she found none.

When she'd got, her bearings she turned to Percy and Annabeth.

"You never heard that." She said, in a firm tone because, Gods forbid, if Lady Artemis. . .

"Oh, but I heard it."

A/N : What.....? Yeah, I did that. I don't know why. I just felt like it. And it's Thaluke and I couldn't resist and... yeah. This isn't going to be particularly aimed at angst but we'll just have to see where it goes. I may not update often. Not that anybody really reads this so..

Yours Truly 

ReynaLovegood2 :)