7. Epilogue

A/N : Thank you SO much for reading, voting, commenting and everything. Please know that  it has, no doubt, made my day and that I love you with all my heart just for clicking on this story and sticking with it till the very end. This chapter is... short and sweet, I guess. Enjoy...

~

"I think we can adjust here."

Luke nodded and entered one of the two rooms on left.

"This is the kitchen." He called out.

"And this is the bedroom." Thalia said, apprehensively. Luke joined her and they stared at the single bed in the farthest corner of the room. They looked at each other and Thalia smirked at him. Luke cleared his throat and walked back into the living room, hoping she hadn't seen his flaming cheeks.

Thalia followed him and held onto his hand as he stared out of the apartment window, on the third floor of the building.

"We'll do just fine here, I think." Said Luke, smiling at his girlfriend.

"Don't get too comfortable, we will have to move again quite soon." Said Thalia, proceeding to chuckle at Luke's exasperated look...

***

"A whole year and no monster attacks," Said Luke, returning from his morning shift at the nearby 'Hermes travelling agency'. "I'm starting to think that our luck is turning, Thals."

"You'll jinx us." She said, looking up from the book Annabeth had got her on their last visit to Camp.

"We're gonna have to move next month anyway." He said.

"Yes and I'd rather like it if we weren't attacked by monsters in our remaining time." Thalia rolled her eyes and tried to focus on her book again.

Luke grinned and kissed her on the lips before heading to the kitchen for some food.

***

"I liked the other place better but I guess we have to make do with what we have." Thalia said, on their first night at the new place.

Luke removed his shirt and collapsed on their shared bed. He cuddled up next to her. "On the bright side, I didn't jinx us."

"All the better for you. If monsters had attacked us, I would have kicked your ass before the monsters would ever have had time to rip us to pieces."

"You wouldn't do that." Said Luke, teasingly.

"And why not?" She asked, eyes glinting with some of her old mischief.

"Because you love me." He leaned in for a kiss and that night she fell asleep contentedly in his arms.

***

"It's a beautiful night." Thalia said, intertwining their fingers.

Luke smiled at her as they walked along the sidewalk after a rare night out.

They stopped in front of their apartment building. Thalia was about to walk up the entrance staircase, when Luke caught hold of her wrist. She turned around to look at him, her electric blue eyes shining with happiness and calmness.

Then he dropped on one knee.

"Thalia, I've known you since we were children, we've been best friends from the moment we met. We've been through the worst and the best together. For every wrong thing I've ever done, you've done something right. You complete me, in every sense of the word. We've been living together for almost 3 years now and I believe that I am- and hope that you are, ready for this." He took a deep breath and took the ring case from his back pocket.

"Thalia Grace, will you marry me?"

Thalia's eyes welled up with tears and her hands covered her mouth. She guided him up and smiled, the happiest smile he had ever seen on her face. She leaned in, her breath ghosting over his lips.

"Yes, yes I will."