Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Travis’s P.O.V.

The boys and I pull into the driveway. Taking a deep breath, I could smell the roast that Peg cooked for dinner. Hoping to find her eating when I walk in, I open the front door. Sitting my keys on the coffee table, I step into the kitchen. On the table stood only three bowls filled with steaming roast and three glasses of lemonade. I sign when I hear Jim and Will come in and slam the door.     I swear, they live to annoy me.

Linking with them, I slide into my seat. “Man we have to do something about that girl. She’s not eating again today. This is the second week in a row.”

“She’ll eat when she gets hungry, you know that.”

“I do. I’m just worried about her. What she eats when she finally eats, couldn’t keep a bird alive for very long. When she shifts, both she and her wolf will most likely be weak from lack of food.”

“Well, what do you wanna do Travis? You remember exactly what happened when we tried to get her to talk to us after Mom and Dad’s funeral. She just stopped talking to us or anyone. And it’s been almost two years. Two long years since we’ve heard her laugh, or her voice. Who knows what she would do if we tried to make her eat.”

“I know Jim. I know. We’re all worried about her.” We quickly finish our meal and Jim drains his glass in one swallow. He smiles and smacks his lips. “Taste just like the lemonade mom made.” I finish mine and wash the bowl and glass out. Using my hearing, I hear Peggy in our rooms. “Dude, she’s washing our clothes again. This time I’m serious. We need to get someone to help with the work load. I knew we shouldn’t have let her drop school.”

We head to the laundry room to talk to her, but she just stares at the floor. She looked at Jim and Will for a second then her eyes slide back down. It’s getting down right ridicules. She’s starting to act more like an omega than the alpha that runs in her. After our one sided conversation, we watch her as she runs up the stairs. Lord I hope that we haven’t made things worse again. Thinking about her present that we all chipped in to get, I call Job to see how it was coming.

He answers on the second ring. “Hey man, what’s up?”

“Were you able to get it Job?”

“Well, I was able to get the model and type you wanted but not the color. They were out of it. I could have gotten it repainted, but they said it wouldn’t be ready until the 23rd. So I got a blue one, hope that’s okay.”

“Yeah, it’s fine. Just park it behind my hummer when you get here, and put the keys in my room.”

“Yes Alpha.” I hang up and look at my brothers. “Job said he couldn’t get a red one. So he picked out a blue. Do you think she’ll like it?”

“Don’t know man. We’ll just have to wait and see now won’t we?” I nod and head for my office. Duty calls.

Jim and Will’s P.O.V

Our eyes never leave Peggy’s face when she’s around us. We both notice the dark circles under her eyes and the slow tired way she walks. Silently cussing the other out for not noticing earlier, we watch her disappear up the steps. All three of us chipped in to get her a chevrolet camaro . We were driving past a car lot when we noticed how her face lit up at the sight of one. We hardly ever see her look like that, so right then and there we decided to get one for her big 16th.

We’re hoping that tomorrow at the party, she’ll loosen up a little, have a little fun. And maybe find her mate, but who’s rushing her?