Chapter 3

*Time Leap*

Peggy's POV

I stand beside Travis as several pack members come through the door. As they see me with Travis, they plaster on fake smiles and wish me a happy birhtday. But I could still see the hatred in their eyes. I just nod back at them. 

Glancing around at the guys, I start to wonder about who my mate will be, what he would look like, and if he would accept me for who I am or reject me. ANY MATE WHO REJECTS US WOULD BE CRAZY, a stong yet gentle voice tells me. Looking around wide eyed, I can't see anyone. Realizing that it was my wolf speaking, I smile. I hear her laughing. Some people are lucky. On their 16 birthday, hours before they shift, some can hear their wolf. But not many are able to do that. 

 THE NAME'S LEIGH, AND I'M GLAD TO FINALLY MEET YOU LITTLE ONE.

HEY LEIGH. I'M PEGGY. I whisper back, slightly wincing at how my voice sounds in my mind. But I can feel her smiling at me. I spend the next hour talking to her and getting to know her. Suddenly, I see Travis, Jim and WIll walking my way. "Time to open your gifts, Peg." Travis tells me as he hands me one. The gifts from the pack are cheap and stupid. But the ones that I recieve from my brothers are filled with love. 

Travis takes something out of his pocket and slides it into my hand. "Almost forgot. Here's one more." I look down and see a key. Puzzled, I look up at him and see he's smiling. I take the key and hit the unlock button. Hearing a chime from the garage, I walk through the door. Hiting the button again, I step around the hummer. There before me is the prettiest car I've ever seen. And it's mine. 

I almost broke down and cried right there. But I just smiled and hugged them hard. "Happy Birthday sweetheart." They all tell me as they hug me back. I watch as they leave to go mingle with the guest, leaving me to my thoughts. Noticing that I'm a little thirsty, I make my way to the house, wanting some lemonade.  About half-way down the hallway, a strong scent hits me. Pine mixed with orange swirls around me. Following the smell to the library, I slide the door open and step in. There, standing in front of the fireplace, stood the source of the smell. He was talking on his cell. 

The second his shoulders tensed, I knew he smelled me as well. He snapped his phone shut and turned around to face me. Leigh started howling. MATE! GO TO MATE! she begs me over and over. The man in front of me is none other than Job Urban, my brother's beta!

Job's POV

I was in the library, hiding out really, when I get a call from an old girlfriend. She wanted me to come and see her and I was about to agree when I heard the door slide open and the most inticing scent in the world hits me. Making an excuse and promising that I would drop by later, I snap my phone shut. Her smell gets stronger as she steps into the room. Sweet pea mixed with pine, lavender and vanilla fills the library. I turn and face the woman, um girl, in the door way. I'm shocked to see Peggy, Travis's little sister. I knew she was turing 16 tonight, and there would be a possibilty that she would find her mate, I just didn't expect it to be me and this soon. 

We stand there staring at each other as my wolf, Blaze, starts howling and jumping around. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR YOU IDIOT. GO TO HER. SHE'S OUR MATE!

SHE'S TO YOUNG BLAZE. SHE'S 16!

SO, he says, WE'LL WAIT FOR HER. I MEAN, WE"RE ONLY 20 FOR PETE'S SAKE!! I mumble a cuss word under my breath. "Let's just get this over with." I open my mouth and say. "I, Job Thomas Urban, hereby rejects you, Peggy Alexandra McBride, as my mate and beta female." At those words, I felt my heart break and Blaze goes nuts. He starts howling, cussing and shaking. 

I watch as her eyes get big. For a second I thought she was going to cry. She hasn't spoken since the death of her parents, and here I am rejecting her. HER BROTHERS ARE GOING TO KILL US!