Chap 1

Callum was well mastered in the dark arts and Rayla didn't know it

Callum was well mastered in the dark arts and Rayla didn't know it. She knew that he could use dark magic but it wasn't important to her as Callum had stated time and time again that he wanted to learn the primal magic.

Rayla winced every time Callum met an elf and told them he wanted to learn their kind of magic, it's common knowledge that humans are not born with pure magic and are only born to do dark magic, destroy, kill things in their path. This is why they are labelled as monsters, her perception of them changed when she met Callum. He was just so full of hope to be able to do the right thing that she didn't dare to shut his dream down. She could say she trusted a human after all if Callum were to be an elf he would have the purest magic because of his heart. She sighs deeply maybe there is a way....she ended up hoping for Callum.

Now In the elf region, the humans hid so the elves would not recognize them. The trio made their way to the Moon clan, Rayla was nervous, she didn't want them to die. So she kept the humans hidden outside the clan while they waited for her request to be completed. She had requested for a meeting between the clans as the descendant of the Dragon king's killer has brought something to stop this war before it begins. 

Her leader had agreed and in the meantime, Callum and Rayla spent time together. how naive was she that she would not be followed back to the human camp.

She chuckled at the awful disguise of Callum.

"What?" Callum rose his eyebrow.
She took out her face paint and began to re trace the fading marks on his face.

"You look funny with purple markings"

He smiled "you better make me look good, I want to be a handsome elf"

"Oh trust me you are light years away from being a handsome elf, you don't have what is considered attractive to us"

His shoulder slumped and he started to to play with the grass beneath him.

"a-and what is considered handsome to your kind?"

"Well first to be much taller than you" her four fingers ruffled his hair.

Callum heart hurt "Ouch! Just you wait I'll grow taller!"

Rolling her eyes she responded "yeah right"
"Being considered attractive to our kind also has to do with how good your horns are, how impressive your form is, your fighting skills and your smarts."

"Great I'm none of those things" his voice came out in a whisper.

Rayla turned a shade darker. "You are smart and good looking to me.." she felt like she could die right there.

Callum turned bright red "I-thank you..."
Awkward silence ensued until Rayla couldn't bare with it "what about you? Do you find elf girls attractive?"

He waved his hands around the air and began to talk fast "of course! I've already seen quite a few from afar! I must say I find your people's face features quite nice and your people's capabilities of fighting and magic to be fascinating" he wanted to face palm.