BOY MEETS TELEGRAPH

TODAY, we were learning about hormones in health class.

"Hormones, the telegraph system of the body.
Sometime between the ages of nine and sixteen, they will start to tell your body to change very fast. The changes won't all be physical. Sometimes you'll feel like you're on an emotional roller coaster. For instance, you may occasionally feel aggressive or weepy."

I looked over at Shawn and Cory. "Oh, Shawn I'm feeling so vulnerable. Do you have a tissue?" Cory exaggerated. I laughed as they were shushed by another student.

"Eventually, everyone hears the Morse code of puberty," were the last words of the film I heard before zoning out.

Just then, Shawn drops his pencil and I go to pick it up, but so does he. He looks up at me and starts giggling uncontrollably. I think he was blushing, too.

"What? Do I have still have a bruise on my face?" I ask the boy.

The boy continues to giggle. Soon after, the bell rings, and I leave the classroom, confused.

I go to my locker and see Cory walking towards me.

"Hey, Cory. What's wrong with Shawn?" I ask him.

"What are you talking about?" Cory replies confused.

Soon enough, Shawn is walking towards us but immediately starts giggling when his eyes meet mine.

"Dude... You- You're giggling. Guys don't do that," Cory told him disgusted.

"I can't help it," Shawn says between giggles while still staring at me, "I'll be fine tomorrow."

"I- Okay, Shawn," I replied uncomfortably as the boy continued to stare at me.

We then walked to lunch together.

——

CORY'S POV

"I'm gonna go get a drink from the vending machine. You guys want anything?" y/n asked us as she got up from her seat.

"Nah, I'm good," I replied.

"Can we share?" Shawn asked her as I looked at him weirdly.

"Hey, you stopped giggling. But yeah. Just don't get me sick, weirdo," y/n replied sassily as she walked away.

"Dude! What is wrong with you?"

"Geez, Cor! What?"

"Shawn, you and her are sharing one drink. That's practically kissing without your lips physically touching!"

Shawn didn't reply. He just smirked at what he would call his 'cleverness.'

"Oh my gosh. That was your plan all along."

"You know it, broccoli."

Just then y/n comes back to the table with a Sprite.