🌹Chapter Twenty - Five🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - FIVE🌹

Walking to work with the biggest smile on my face, I probably look like an idiot, a smiling idiot. When I woke up this morning, I couldn't stop smiling. That smile has been on my face hasn't left since and I'm not even sure if I want to get it off my face.

The muscles in my face don't really agree with me, they've been hurting since this morning. Yet, I don't stop smiling, no matter the pain in my cheeks and jaw. I know why I'm smiling, it's because of the date last night with Mr. Knight. And there was also something that Lena said to me while we spoke on the phone.

She said that there is a possibility that I might be falling in love with Alexander Knight. I don't know what love feels like and it did shock the life out of me when she said it. However, when I think the about me falling in love with him, it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea.

To me, it sounds perfect. It's new to me and strange and perhaps mysterious, but it sounds like something that I would like, something that could happen. I already know that it's against the rules to date the boss or another employee, but I can't help but feel that it might work for us.

"Cheery, are we?" Harry asks as I enter the building. I smile at him, or continues smiling. "Yes, I had the most amazing evening last night, I went out on a date, it was so much fun" I say dreamily. I've been daydreaming, too. It's actually not like me to behave like this, yet it is me.

Harry chuckles. "Did something happen with the big boss?" He asks, raising his eyebrows and looking at me strangely. I have a feeling that he already knows everything. Is it that obvious? "Maybe" I say as I walk past him, not even telling him anything, teasing of course.

I'll tell him about it later tonight when I leave after work, for me, I can't wait to start working. And for the first time, I look forward to seeing Mr. Knight, or Alexander as he wants me to call him when we're alone. It's a bit strange to call him by the first name.

However, I really do like it when he says my name, it feels right when it comes from his mouth. When I speak his name, it rolls of my tongue and it sounds perfect. I walk into the elevator, and only because he isn't here, the elevator goes up rather quickly.

I have still yet to figure out how that happens, then again I also feel like it should be kept a mystery, like so many others. When the elevator opens, I notice that people are giving me strange looks when I walk out of it, like they always do.

I'm sort of already used to it, so it doesn't bother me that much anymore. Those people will never know how lucky I am, besides I get paid a lot more than they do. So, I shouldn't let them bother me. Lena always said that everyone was jealous about me because I do get paid more than them and they do want my job.

I walk past those people and ignore their stares and go into my office. As soon as I open the door, I notice the white roses are still there and my smile gets even wider than before, if that is even possible, I'm not sure that it is possible but it did happen.

Then as I was about to sit in the chair and start my work day, I hear the most horrible noise in Mr. Knight's office. A woman moaning his name and him moaning hers. The smile that has been on my face the whole day since this morning, falls right away.

Tears form in my eyes as I can't help but let them fall down my cheeks. I let out a sob as I burst out crying. Holding my hand over my mouth to keep myself quiet for them to not hear me, not that they would, I crumple into the chair and just let the tears fall down my cheeks.