two

ANNA

"i'm perfectly fine to wait by myself, thank you very much."

he let out a low chuckle, leaning forward in his chair.

"i don't doubt that for a second, but some good company is always nice. plus, i'd really like to understand more about why love stories freak you out so much."

the irritation i was feeling only elevated. i grabbed my book and pushed my chair back, standing up.

"i think i'll just wait on my own. you're a stranger, and i don't need to discuss my feelings about love with you."

i turned around and started to walk away from the table when i felt a gentle hand on my arm.

"wait. i'm sorry if i freaked you out or annoyed you, i was just poking fun at you, love."

i was so irritated before that i didn't really realize how attractive his accent was.

"forget it, it's fine. but i really need to go. my grandmother is waiting for me."

his eyes widened and a smirk grew on his face.

"wait a second, what's your name?"

i looked at him, trying to read his face to figure out whatever he was thinking.

"like i said, you're a stranger. why would i tell you my name? you could be a stalker for all i-"

he cut me off.

"are you anna?"

i stopped, a confused look on my face.

"yeah, how the hell do you know my name?"

he laughed, shaking his head.

"wow, you look a lot different than the picture she showed me, but i guess she only had an older one. your grandmother sent me here to pick you up."

i shook my head and pulled my phone out from my bag, clicking on my text messages.

*NEW MESSAGE*

jessica: hi anna! i got held up at home, so i'm sending my neighbor to pick you up. his family are long time friends of ours, and i think you'll enjoy his company. he'll be able to help you get here without confusion. text me when you leave the airport and i'll be ready for you.

i angrily shoved my phone back into my bag. great. instead of meeting one person i don't know, now i have to ride in a car with a complete stranger to my long lost grandmothers house. this shit is like a bad movie.

"who the hell are you? my grandmother said you're a family friend?"

he smiled, his dimples i had visibly noticed earlier returning once again.

"i'm harry, and i think we'll have plenty of time for you to explain your hatred of love to me."

———————

quick reminder: remember if you're enjoying the story to leave a vote or a comment to let me know!