three

ANNA

i had no choice but to leave with harry. i had absolutely no clue where i was going. i have no sense of direction and definitely couldn't find my way around a foreign country i've never been to.

"c'mon, let's go. my car is outside."

i groaned. "fine, but no talking about romance novels, or romance movies, or anything romantic. understood?" he laughed, shaking his hair out of his face.

"fine, fine. i'll wait until you get to know me better."

i let out a laugh. it was more a laugh of disbelief that this man thought i would ever get to know him well enough to talk about my emotions. i don't talk about my emotions with anyone, let alone a man who is friends with the family i don't even really know. we starting walking towards the exit of the airport.

"whatever you say, bud."

he looked at me like i had just punched him in the stomach or something. his eyes widened, and he starting laughing. hard.

"please, god, please never call me bud. i don't like it, especially not coming from you."

"what, do i sound weird saying it or something?"

"yes, and i also plan on being a lot more than your bud. here, let me carry that for you." he reached for my bag and i pulled it closer to my side.

"sir, i am perfectly capable of carrying my bag myself, thank you very much."

i raised my chin and walked in front of him. now was not the time for chivalry after he already spent most of the morning annoying the living shit out of me. but deep down, i couldn't deny it was kinda cute.

"see, i kinda like that one."

i looked over at him and his mouth formed into a sly smile as he looked down at me.

"kinda like what?"

he winked, and i swear my entire face turned red.

"sir. i could get used to hearing that."

//////

about forty minutes later we were pulling up to the apartment complex where him and my grandmother lived. i wondered how they met, but i figures that was a question for later. i climbed out of the passenger seat and looked up at the building. it was beautiful.

it was a white building with stone accents, probably six or seven stories high. across from the building was a view of a beautiful park. i could see people walking their dogs, having picnics, living normal happy lives.

"wow." was all i could manage to get out.

he snickered.

"not too shabby, right love? your grandmother and i live on the top floor. i'm in the flat across from hers."

flat.

the way he said the word made my stomach fill with butterflies. i made a mental note to not get worked up every time he spoke just because he had a cute accent. we walked into the building and into the elevator, where a woman was lecturing her child about not leaving the building without her permission.

harry was standing in one corner of the elevator; me in the other. i tried to not make eye contact, the awkwardness and all, but when i looked over once for a moment, i could've sworn he was staring at me.