Chapter 31: the day

" there's a body down the hall" Friday's voice echoed through the dark empty hallways.

" it's not.."

" is it?"

Flashbacks, the worst type of memories, memories you don't want. But could never forget. They tried their best to remember the fun stuff, all the laughter they shared. But then that dreaded day always comes back to haunt them, saying they could have done more.

More to save him.

" Clint wake up"

" CLINT"

Clint shot up from the couch to see the Avengers scattered around the living room.

" what's going on-oh" he realized what day it was once he saw all the Avengers wearing black.

Clint got up to go change while the rest of the Avengers sat in the living room with silence, reminiscing on the memories.

Once Clint was ready he sat on the couch, and waited with the other Avengers.

When Tony, pepper, Steve and Tom came in, they all stood up. But nobody said a word.

Tony and pepper got into the elevator first followed by Steve and Tom. Then Nat, Clint, Thor and Bruce.

Thor has came from Asgard to join them.

They got into the car still without a word, they drove through the city looking at the surroundings.

Then they got there, the graveyard.

Today was that day, the day that marked Peters death.

They piled out of the car, one by one. They walked to the huge statue that stood in the middle, a statue of Spider-Man.

They each placed a flower on the bottom of the statue, along with many other flowers and drawings of Spider-Man. ( @spideylove4545  there's your flowers)

It had been exactly a year since the incident with hydra.

Today, they were finally going to tell the world who Spider-Man really was, a fifteen year old boy, and his identity.

They still haven't even told Tom, all Tom knew was that the team had worked with Spider-Man quite a lot before, ( he still hadn't gotten his memories back either)

They stood in silence as they looked up at the big statue, he did so much for them and for everyone. But they returned it by replacing him, with a boy who was standing right in front of them.

But they couldn't blame Tom, he was also brainwashed, and they knew peter wouldn't blame him either.

They think about peter a lot, and they still wondered how Wanda was doing, they kept calling her but she would never answer.

" He seemed like a good hero" Tom said, looking up at the statue.

" the best" Tony sadly smiled down at Tom.
" Did you know who he was?" Tom tilted his head.

Tony looked pepper, then the team. Maybe it was time they told Tom about peter.

Peter did so much, it was time he got recognized for it, from Tom, From the whole world.

The team only nodded, Tony looked back at the boy, he reminded him of peter a lot, Brave and willing to do anything for others.

Sometimes it felt as if Peters spirit lived in him, the boy who replaced him.

But nobody could truly replace peter, he was to special.

Tony smiled at Tom, soon the Avengers were all giggling at the memories of peter they were sharing, nobody has truly laughed like this since peter was here.

They shared memories of their pranks, Their missions and Tony's freak out attacks when peter came home late.

"H-how did he.....?" Tom hesitantly asked.The Avengers looked at each other sadly, Before Tony started to tell the story of that dreaded day.

                             —————-

" peter"

" peter where are you?"

Tony asked as he stepped into Peters room, he looked all over the compound for him.

" Boo!"

" JESUS! Kid, don't do that again" Tony ruffled the boys hair.

" but it was funny!" Peter whined.

" yeah, I'll admit it was"

————————-

" you can do it"

" no I can't"

" yes you can!"

" No I can't peter"

" Just do it!!"

Tony sighed, as he looked down at the kid.

" don't give me those- oh alright"
Nobody could resist Peters puppy eyes.

Tony jumped onto the counter and shouted
" The floor is Lava!"

And all hell broke loose

——————

" Don't. Touch. Me!"

" oh don't worrry, we won't, we're going to take you where nobody can find you"

" they will find me!" Peter huffed in pain

" you'll be dead"

——————-

The memories striked his brain, Hydra, his family, everything. It made his brain hurt at all the things re-entering It, but he didn't mind.

He wanted to see what other memories were waiting to be re-discovered. Who he really was.

But it was all to much, and everything went black.

" Wake up"

" Tom? Tom wake up"

His eyes flashed open, he saw the Avengers all looking down at him.

Then he saw Tony, even more memories striked him, when he saw Tony's face after being electrocuted.

" D-dad?" He asked.

" Yes son?Are you ok?" Tony worried face managed to spit out.

" Y-yeah, I- I remember" He said sitting up from his position on his bed.

" you do?" Tony asked, he nodded.
Tony looked back to Bruce, confused. Bruce stepped towards him.

" What do you remember?" Bruce asked.

" everything."

" where did you live before you were taken?" Bruce asked stepping closer to the bed.

He looked down, eyebrows furrowed, before looking back up at them.

" May's"

" WhAt dEm fRiEd PoTaTos?" 🥔