Kill the Separation! - part 1

Chelsea POV

The road was pretty silent, so I was glad when we set up camp. I sat in the tent with Akame, Lubbock, and Najenda. Doya was outside, stretching her muscles from just waking up.

"Where's Tatsumi and Mine?" Asked Doya, full of energy.

Najenda sighed. "They went to get food."

Doya nods and looks out into the forest. Lubbock played with his threads, setting them around the base so he can see if anyone's coming. Without him we'd already be caught by now, those church followers are pretty stubborn, chasing us pretty far out, but Akame thinks they stopped.

I layed down in the tent, thinking of home. We're heading there now, but we won't get there for awhile, probably not until tomorrow night.

Akame pokes my face, I looked up at her in question. She made a face that said we need to talk.

I got up and walked silently out of the tent with Akame, out near the campfire. Akame grabbed a log, sitting on it. I did the same and once we were settled I waited for her to start.

She started slow. "Doya seems like she wants to kill Kurome."

"Oh no! Your not beating on her like you did with Cyrus!-" I started.

Akame put her hand up, stopping me. She looked pained, and I knew where this was going.

"I think... It doesn't really matter who kills her, or if we'll ever kill her. It's just that... as her sister... I thought-" I put my hand on her shoulder, squeezing. She grabbed my hand and hugged it, she was like a little sister to me.

"I know. you don't have to say it." I said soothing. Akame gathered me in a hug and didn't say anything for a long time, then she got up and walked back to the tent, a straight face on.

Suddenly Tatsumi and Mine come out of the bushes, holding hands. Wait... holding hands?! what was going on here!

I get up and March up them, they already know what I'm gonna ask. Mine and Tatsumi are both blushing a bit, so the answer hit me right in the face.

"We're dating now." Mine said with a hidden smile under her coat.

Najenda smiles and Lubbock nearly falls off his chair.

"Well... that was... random." Lubbock said slowly. Then he jumped up on top of the log by the fire and screamed.

"Why the hell am I the only one without a girlfriend!" He screamed.

Thinking about relationships made me think of Cyrus. His charcoal black hair, his eyes that changed color, sometimes focusing on one color every now and then. Gosh, I missed every fiber of his being. I wanted to feel the presence of being watched by him again, the feeling of his warm chest...

But I pushed the feelings down. Cyrus will come back, he will. Because he's Cyrus, and no matter what he goes through, he'll never actually change that much. He's going to blame himself like Tatsumi had done, but I slap that out of him.

Cyrus POV

The base, surprisingly, was quiet. I expected a big stir seeing me come back, everyone smiling and jumping in excitement. But I need to be realistic, that's never gonna happen.

Kyler walked to the door, and opened it, creaking, echoing off the empty halls. He looked back at me like we were about to go into a haunted mansion.

"Is anyone home?" He yelled into the hall before entering, causing it to repeat from echoes.

I just give him a shrug, I don't know where they are, otherwise I would go there immediately. Now that I'm here, I was really preparing myself for the worst, but their not even here!