A fanfiction on Michelangelo's "The Pity"

1497

Michelangelo Buonarroti, 22 years old artist already famous all over South Europe for his incredibly realistic scupltures was comminossioned to build his most important work yet.

He sighed, thinking about the task he was assigned. He was supposed to work on a religious sculpture, which was going to be placed in the Basilica of Saint Peter. It was at the time, still a project, but it was already decided it was going to be the most important Christian church in the world.

However, he was stuck, he already stared at that marble stone for a few weeks already, but nothing came through his mind, he was feeling like a flute that plays nothing when the wind blows in his homeland during spring, he felt empty.

He felt he was never going to be able to finish the job, so he melancholically decided to tell his  employer he was giving up. But o his way he was stopped by a strange old woman, "If you want to finish your sculpture, I might know a way to help you". Michalangelo was unsure if that lady he just met was trustworthy, but for the sake of continuing this story let's say he accepted her offer.

The day later the lady presented herself at the artist's assigned lab with a young, beautiful woman and her handsome but skinny son, she later told Michelangelo she paid each three ducats each to follow her.

"So, how would you like them to pose for you, dear?" the old lady asked gently touching Michelangelo's hand, "Don't touch me, shrew, I'm only doing this because you said you could help me. Now..." responded him acidly. "...I'd like to make a statue based on the sadness Mary felt when taking down from the cross the corpse of her own son!".

The two posers then proceeded to take several poses, until the artist was satisfied. "Is this pose good?", the old woman quietly asked, "Yes, I would say it's perfect!" he responded, suddently the room started to darken, Michelangelo looked around in confusion, until his gaze stumbled upon the old lady. She was chanting some incomprehesible words, as a cold wind entered the room and pealt loudly.

"Huh? I can't move!" Said the young boy who was posing almost naked on her mother's legs. Suddently, the old woman dashed with inhuman speed, in her flashing movements Michelangelo somehow managed to see something in one of her hands. A knife.

She quickly stabbed the boy in the chest, killing him instantly, when she realized what happened her mother screamed at  the sky and ther watched the corpse of his son with an agonizing face. 

Immediately the witch cast some sort of spell on the two, a flashing light lit the room, the artist, suddently heard: "You have your statue now, if you ever need any help in the future, please call me again".

When the light faded Michelangelo was alone. The only things in the room were him and a marble statue.