Chapter 4: Butterflies

Kisa

My father laughed as the gun aimed straight for his face. This wasn't the first time he would be threatened by death. They cornered him, pushing him against all of his creations. I knew this time he would have to surrender. I gazed at him, knowing that it was all about to end but he looked straight above me, smirking so mischievously.

Blackout.

Kisa

Everyone was busy in the morning. People were running around, yelling, laughing and shouting. Lucia was in the corner, reading a novel to herself. I turned around and watched Ryan scarf down 5 bowls of soup before feeling thoroughly disturbed. In front of me, Clarissa clung onto Tyler's arm, speaking softly as she fluttered her eyes. He seemed to pay little attention, eating carefully and quietly. A girl tapped on my shoulder. "Would you like a second serving?" she smiled.

"Ah, no thank you." I smiled back.

Suddenly, she gasped and pat my shoulder. "Wait! You're Kisa, aren't you?"

"Yes... that would be me," I answered, startled.

"I'm Cassie! Nice to meet you!" she exclaimed. Her energy seemed endless as she pranced around the room, tending to everyone's needs. She had flowing strawberry-blond hair with bright green eyes. Even her clothing was vibrant with simple decals that looked elegant. It seemed to perfectly fit her image. As I watched her, I heard Lucia approach me.

"Kisa."

"Yes?" I looked up.

"Want to earn some cash? I can teach you how tasks and missions are carried out around here."

"Oh, sure." I stared.

"LUCIA!" Cassie shouted. She bounced towards our direction, brimming with absolute content. "Take me with you! I need to buy a new dress for next weekend's party."

Lucia slowly stared at her then replied, "You always come with me anyway."

I looked between them, distinguishing the contrast of Lucia's reserved personality to Cassie's energy. I guess opposites do attract.

"Kisa is coming with me," Ryan stood up.

Cassie opened her mouth to reject, but Lucia covered her mouth. "Do as you please," she responded.

"Great! Let's go," he tugged my arm.  I still felt a bit uncomfortable around him after yesterday. His touch electrified my body as I flinched. "You ok?" his eyes opened wider.

"Huh? Yeah," I blinked. He waved to everyone in the guild and pulled me out of the building. As he closed the door behind him, his face suddenly turned red.