Chapter 7: A Road Trip, an Unwelcome Guest

Ryan

I rubbed my eyes, realizing I was no longer at the village home. To my right, Tyler hung his head in exhaustion. "You awake now, boss?"

"Yeah... what happened?" I grasped my head.
                                                                                       "Turns out the guy you two defeated was like their 'main commander'. The Black Holes vanished after he was gone. Kisa went to repair the whole village but she passed out afterward," he pointed at the bed next to me, breathing heavily.
                                                                                      "Is she ok?! Are you?!"
                                                                                      "Yeah she's fine. Just needs some rest. She used up her magic so her body took the toll. I didn't have enough energy to revive her, but I had enough to fully heal your bullet wound and remove it."   

"WHAT? You know that takes a lot of your magical energy. You even fought for so long!"

"Chill, boss. It's fine... if I let it stay there it would have been seriously infected. I don't have a drop of magic left to spare now though..."

I took a look at my arm and sure enough, the wound had completely vanished. "Thanks to Kisa, you didn't lose a lot of blood. You know I can't fix things like that. Otherwise, you'd be in trouble."  

"Oh..." My face grew warm as I vaguely remembered watching her strip off her shirt.

"I know what you're thinking," he teased.
                                                                                      "A-am not!" I stuttered.

"I gave her my shirt, so she didn't have a strip show throughout town," he smirked.

I sunk under the sheets. Tyler laughed, yawning shortly after. "Just get some rest. Everyone is fine so just relax and don't worry about them."
                                                                                      "Wait, Luc-"

"She found out. I didn't tell her, ok? If she comes in here, calling you stupid and all that, don't blame me. You think about others too much sometimes that it comes at your expense," he sighed.

"I didn't want you guys to get hurt."
                                                                                      "And we didn't. Got a little exhausted and some bruised, but nothing major. Kisa is just tired. So, we're all fine. Just get some rest and stop panicking."
                                                                                      "Did any villagers fall victim to the Black Holes?"
                                                                                      "Oddly enough, no. We don't know why, but they were intentionally ignoring the villagers. I think that they were after us..."
                                                                                      "I'll research tomorrow to find out more information, then."

"You still wanna eat? I'm not cooking anything today, just warming up frozen junk." 

"Yeah but I'll just wait for Kisa to wake up."
                                                                                      "Alright."

Tyler

As I prepared dinner, I felt someone nudge me in the back. I turned around to see Cassie glancing at me nervously. "Tyler?"
                                                                                     "What's up?"
                                                                                       "Can I actually... do the cooking? I'm not tired or anything, and I know you had to heal Ryan so..."