Part 3: The Final Haunting

“Yeah! We need to get this over with once and for all!” my sister agreed. Jessica, Christian, my friend, and I all marched back into the graveyard, determined to find La Llorona, and defeat her.

            “Well, where should we start looking?” I asked.

            “The shrine,” Jessica said without hesitation. We all ran to the shrine, but stopped dead at the entrance. There was a strange wind coming from below. It was a slight breeze, but it was freezing cold. We shivered, and backed away. We knew that if we wanted to find La Llorona, we had to endure it, so we unwillingly ran in. We saw her floating in the corner, looking at the floor. We heard a crash at the entrance, and looked away to see a blocked entrance. “She wanted us here, but why?” I asked myself. We turned back to see her staring at us with her pupil-less eyes. I wished I could run, but we had nowhere TO run.

            We waited for La Llorona to make a move, but she wouldn’t budge. But, I spoke too soon. In a flash, she quickly teleported to me, and charged at me. In one quick reflex, I quickly evaded her attack, but she immediately stopped, and charged at me again. We all ran to a wall where I thought we were going to be doomed, but she disappeared. I suddenly rested on the wall, and I felt myself shift. “Guys! I think this wall’s hollow!” I exclaimed.

            “Great! Try to see if you can break through it. I’ll help you.” my sister said, helping me push. I felt the wall shift again. Soon enough, the wall gave way. The wall collapsed down, hoping the ceiling wouldn’t do the same. After the dust cleared through, we saw a secret passage. It looked dark and creepy, but I lit a torch for light. Soon after, the torch went out.

            “Well, that didn’t help,” I said sarcastically.

            “Oh, you think?” my sister retorted. “We need a light source that isn’t affected by wind."

            “There’s that lamp over there,” I said, pointing to a lamp that looked like it hasn’t been used in years.

            “That gives me the feeling that we’re not alone down here,” my brother said, shivering.

            “Ugh. Great; now I’m going to have nightmares tonight.” my friend said.

            “IT IS THE NIGHT!!” I retorted. “Then again, it looks like this lamp hasn’t used in years. Maybe whoever was using it must’ve been scared off by L-“

            “Shh!” my sister butted in. “Don’t say her godforsaken name!”

            “Oh my god, Jessica! Get real!” I shouted. “La Llorona is a MYTH!”

            “Don’t tempt her!”

            “Oh, shut up Jessica.”

            “She’ll get you first. She always gets the non-believers first.”

            “Well, you did scare me once with her. I’m not falling for it again.”

            “But this time it’s not us! We swear this time!”

            “Fine. I won’t say her ‘godforsaken’ name!” I said. I lit the lamp, and the path illuminated. I slowly walked down the abandoned path, with my companions following me hesitantly. “Whoever traveled down this path must’ve REALLY wanted people to keep out.” I said, looking at the cobwebs on the corners.

            “…Yeah…” my brother agreed. Suddenly, I stopped dead in my tracks. Everyone followed the same action.

            “WOW!!!” I exclaimed excitedly.