Memories We Never Saw

ETHANS P.O.V—

"I should've never let her go to New York." I put my head in my hands.
Yasmine leaned over and wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm sure whatever decisions she makes will be for the best Ethan." She assured me and I sighed.
"It's not her that, it's the decisions I made."

FLASHBACK—

19 YEARS AGO—

"Yo Trey!" I heard someone call my name and I turned around.
I stopped in the college hallways and I fixed the collars on my leather jacket.

"What Ladon?" I rolled my eyes.
"You gotta come and see this!" Landon grabbed me by the arm and dragged me through the hallways.

We stopped at a group of the Bitter Sweet Gang crowding around some random guy. He looked really nerdy and Kyle was beating him up.
My eyes widened as I watched him throw punches at him.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and made a fist.
They were all cheering Kyle on after ever punch he threw.

"KYLE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and he stopped just as he was about to throw another punch.
Kyle let go of the guy and he left him bleeding on the floor.

"Trey throw a punch." Kyle Laughed.
I pushed him out of the way "That's enough!"

The Bitter Sweet Gang walked away and left the guy laying on the floor. He sat up and picked up his books that were on the floor. His face was bruised all over and I saw his glasses were on the side.

I walked over to him and picked them up, handing them to him.
"Here." I said and he took his glasses.
"Thanks."

He got up and didn't even look me in the eyes when he thanked me.
"What?" I questioned him.

He finally looked up at me with fear "I just didn't expect someone like you to help someone like me."
I crossed my arms "In What way?"

He shrugged "People like you don't give a fuck about others so I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to throw a punch at me as well. But I'm more surprised that you didn't."
He fixed his glasses and scurried away as quick as possible.

Is it true? Do everyone see me as a monster?

END OF FLASHBACK—

I hope Malia makes better decisions than I did.
When I told Malia my reputation does like on. I didn't mean it as a good thing.....

~
MALIAS P.O.V—

"Malia are you sure about this?" KT asked me for the fifth time and I huffed.
"Yes!"

I looked at myself in the mirror again and I looked at my outfit. It most definitely wasn't me and I felt like a completely different person wearing it.

"Who are you trying to get even with Malia?" KT asked me.
I looked at her before walking out of the dorm "I don't get even, I prove a point."

~
The whole school day I got stares. Every time I walked into the hallway, everyone's eyes widened and their jaws dropped.
Was that a good thing? It made me feel so uncomfortable.

Nobody really had the courage to ask me about my "new look" but one person.
"What do you think you're doing?" Hayden grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to the side.

I shrugged "Nothing."
He scoffed "As if!"

I crossed my arms "Why do you care anyway Hayden?"
He thought about it for a second and shrugged. "Well I don't know, this just isn't you."

He was different with me when we were alone compared to when others were around.

"What are you trying to prove Malia?" He questioned me and I knew I couldn't tell him the truth.
I was about to say something but then I saw Liam staring at me in the distance at the end of the hallway.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and I remembered what I said to him yesterday. Liam had an angry look on his face and he glared at me.

Hayden noticed I was looking at someone and he turned around to see them.
When Liam noticed Hayden was looking at him, he walked away.

Hayden faced me again "Malia, what's going on? Is there something I should know? Why was Liam staring at you like that?"
I stuttered "I-erm. I kinda had an argument with him yesterday and-"

"You thought you were being clever?" Hayden chuckled.
I scoffed "No, I thought I was putting him into place."

"And how's that working out for you?" Hayden grinned at me.
"Well I-"

"Hayden!" Someone interrupted me. I turned around and I rolled my eyes when I saw Shelby. She was with one of her annoying friends.

Shelby stormed up to Hayden and grabbed him by the hand.
"Hayden? Who's this?" Shelby stuck to Hayden like glue and she looked at me confused.
"Shel, this is Malia, Malia this is Shelby." Hayden introduced us both.

I smiled at Shelby and Shelby gave me a fake smile back.

"Hayden, we've got Math class and I wanna find a seat where we can both sit together." Shelby pecked his lips.
Hayden looked at Shelby as if she was crazy "You do know we've got 15 minutes right?"

"Well If we're there early then we can find the good seats."
Kill me now!
I never felt so uncomfortable and awkward.

Hayden didn't say anything to me before he left, he walked with Shelby to Math class and as they were walking through the hallway, Hayden looked at me one last time over his shoulder.

I sighed and went to my locker. I tried to open it but the locker combination wasn't working.
"Ugh!" I grunted.

A guy walked up to me and he stood right beside me. He was extremely attractive and everything about him looked so perfect.

I looked at him "Can I help you?"
"I was about to ask the same thing because you look like you're struggling and I think I know why."

I asked "Why?"
"Because that's my locker." When he said that, my face went red from embarrassment.
I stopped "Oh. Sorry."

I moved one locker to the right and I was able to open that one in no time.
Awkward!!!!!!!

When I opened my own locker, the guy laughed.
"I don't think you need my help now huh?"
I shook my head "No but thanks anyway."

The guy got his books out and he was about to walk away but I stopped him.
"Wait up. I didn't catch your name."

He turned around "It's Adam."
I smiled.
Then you can call me Eve.

"And yours?" He asked me.
"Malia."