ring on it part 2

* AU where Ben has met Hades and is aware he is Mal's father *

Three weeks have past and Ben has yet to ask the question. Something has managed to get in the way of his proposal. Like one time himself and Mal where in the library and Ben thought it be nice to ask the question in a quiet place but for some reason Doug's garage band decided to barge in right when he was about to ask the big question. Another instant was when he was about to ask her to marry him at the park but some idiot decided to come up to Mal and start flirting with her as if Ben didn't exist. Let's just say he went home without Mal as his girlfriend and he may or may not have a black eye now. Ben was being giving a hard time by the villain kids they thought he was stalling but in reality he needed a place where nobody else had access to. Then an idea hit him. Literally. The newspaper boy fired a newspaper and it hit him right in the face. On the newspaper was an ad, to rent a house for a holiday on a private island. Ben made some calls and arranged for himself and Mal to have a little get away that weekend. He had a better idea on how to ask the question. He told the VKs his new idea and to say they were on board was an understatement. Evie wanted the best proposal for Mal as she had seen Jay mess up when it came to asking Lonnie. She was surprised she said yes to be honest. It all worked out in the end though. Jay and Lonnie are getting married next month and they were all looking forward to it.
She trusted Ben to get it right. He had made mistakes in the past and she wouldn't let him make another one.
**********************************
Ben knocked on the door of his girlfriends house. She opened the door and smiled at her presence.

" Hi Ben, what's up? "

" I have a surprise for you, follow me "

" Okay " she said reluctantly,

She had pranked him one April fools and he got her back by sending a box of snakes to her dorm. Evie found them. All of Auardon heard her scream. Ben never tried that again !!!

" You and I are going away for a few days "

" Seriously ? "

Ben nodded.

" I had Evie pack your bags get in"

" Okay. Where are we going ? "

" It's a Surprise"

" I hate surprises"

" Well you'll like this one "

" Give me a hint pretty please" she teased

" Fine. Your lucky your cute. Very cute and beautiful. We need a boat to get there "

" A boat? "

"Ahhha "
***********************************
Ben was right she liked the surprise. Correction, she loved the surprise. They had been very busy lately and hadn't got a chance to get away from the royal life in ages. Now they could be just Mal and Ben. Not King Ben and Lady Mal. They could be himself. Hours later he excused himself to go set up his proposal. Mal had no idea she thought he had an urgent meeting to attend to regarding the safety of Auardon. That never happened. Ben walked out to the gardens. Where there were several trees on each tree he stuck a picture of them on it recalling all the memories they had shared over the past five years.

As he got closer to his proposal spot he place several roses on the floor in the shape of a heart

As he got closer to his proposal spot he place several roses on the floor in the shape of a heart. He was ready!!!
He called Mal saying there was an emergency. She ran as fast as she could to the gardens. She spotted the pictures on the trees, she stopped and admired one in particular. Her first selfie. Ben had heard she had never taken a selfie before so he was determined she'd take one with him by the end of the day. They weren't even together. Truth be told Ben always had a soft spot for Mal. Mal looked awkward in the picture but it was still her favourite picture as it brought her a lot of nostalgia. Mal made her way to wear Ben was standing around candles in the shape of a heart.

Mal was speechless, she didn't know what was happening but she thought it what very Romantic of Ben to go to this much trouble for her

Mal was speechless, she didn't know what was happening but she thought it what very Romantic of Ben to go to this much trouble for her. Ben took her hand and pulled her close to him.

" Mal, I've loved you since the day I laid eyes on you. Before that even, before your arrival I had dreams of a purple haired girl in a rough place and I was determined to find you. And I did. The day we met was the best day of my life. I feel like I've known you forever and I cannot wait any longer. First though ..... "

Ben started singing the song he sung to Mal at that tourney game all those years ago.

" Mal. I love you. You are the only girl I ever want to be with. If you say no I don't know what I'll do. I'll never move on. Mal I love you, so much. Will you make me a happy king and marry me and become my wife "