Season 3 Episode 3: Blood Moon

Hey! It's been like a whole month! Missed y'all! Anyway, enjoy!!!
—————
Kaleb watered the white daisies alongside the grave. He planted them a few months ago and they were close to blooming. He placed the water bottle into his bag and sat back onto his legs, sighing softly.
          "I wish I could've met you. I don't even remember what you look like aside from the pictures at home... I wish it was me." He placed a hand on the tombstone, his thumb gently rubbing the smooth edges of the flowers engraved into the stone.

          "Was she your mommy?" A voice said behind him. He glanced back and saw a boy. He didn't look any older than six or seven. Kaleb slowly nodded his head, turning back to the stone, "Yeah."
          "My mommy lives here, too." The little boy said, sitting beside him. Kaleb frowned a little. In about a decade, this boy would be in the same position he is. It made him a little sad, but at least it wouldn't be hard for him to forget.
          "Yeah. A lot of moms and dads end up here. Good place to sleep." Kaleb said, looking to the boy. He smiled a little, showing a missing tooth. He must've lost it recently. The boy looked at the stone, trying to read what it said. He seemed to struggle with the first word. Kaleb cleared his throat and began to read,

Beloved soul Mrs. Damarlence Brolis. Dear wife, mother, and daughter.
"Kaleb."
1979-2004
Gone, but never forgotten

          Kaleb never understood why his name was on the stone. His dad never told him and according to his family, he was the only one who knew.
          "Was she nice?" The little boy asked, getting comfortable. Kaleb gave a weak smile and took a small breath. He nodded quickly, turning to the boy, "Yeah. She was the nicest person ever." Kaleb tried taking his memory for any memory of her he could, but they were all too vague; too long ago.

          The boy reached up and put a hand on Kaleb's face. He didn't know it, but a tear escaped his eye as he was trying to remember. Kaleb appreciates the gesture, even if this kid was a total stranger. Kaleb gave a small smile, picking a daisy and giving it to the boy, "Here."
          "Aren't these your mommy's flowers?" The boy asked, looking at it. Kaleb nodded, "Yeah... but I'm sure she won't be mad if I give one to you."
          The boy took it, looking at it for a while.

          "Robin! Robin, where are you?!" A man's voice called. The little boy stood, and gave Kaleb a small hug before scurrying away. Kaleb shook his head a little as he stood as well. Part of him felt better because of that. Kids really were the gems of the world, no matter how annoying they can be at times.
         He walked to his bike and rode away, glancing back as he did so.
—————

          Mitch frowned as he was chained to a tree, "But I can control myself on a full moon." He didn't understand what was happening.
          "Tonight's a blood moon. It makes your primal urges stronger, and you won't be able to control yourself. None of you will." Rick gestured towards the other two teens who were chained to trees near him. Kirstie looked mildly annoyed, but at least she understood. Scott was about as clueless as a bitten wolf, so he was on Mitch's page.

          Connie gave Scott a kiss on the forehead, "We'll let you all go when the sun comes up at dawn. Just try your best to control yourselves, even if you can't."

          Kirstie rested her head against the tree and looked to the sky. She could already feel herself wanting to turn and hunt for sport. Because as a werewolf, hunting isn't for food. It's for the sheer pleasure of taking life from something. Feeling it helplessly struggle as you take away it's hope of seeing another day. Because werewolves, no matter how much they try to deny it, will always be monsters.

          Mitch whimpered a little as Scott's parents left. He struggled against his chains, wanting nothing more than to be free. He started breathing heavily, "Please..."

          "Mitch. Hey, hey, hey. Look at me. Look at me!" Scott said, getting louder as he spoke. Mitch's soft brown eyes locked with his harsh blue hues, "Everything it going to be okay. We're right alongside you. You're not alone."

          These words seemed to sooth the panicking beta. His shoulders relaxed a little and he rested his head against the large oak tree. And before he knew it, the moon was starting to become visible.
          The crimson orb made the woods look and feel like the richest wine. But at the same time, it was dark. The only thing allowing the betas to see each other without their other eyes was the glimmers of red moonlight that peered through openings in the trees.

          "Fucking chains. Damnit!" Kirstie growled. Her eyes started glowing a wild emerald and it sounded like she was going to rip the tree from its roots. She gripped the trunk, her claws digging into the wood further and further as she tried to stop herself. She hid her teeth when Mitch whined.
          "Just... breathe." Scott tried calming them, but he too was nearly shifting. His fangs and claws were on full display like an unwanted erection. He hated this. He hated feeling so helpless; so out of control. If he felt like this, it must have been torture for Kirstie.

          Mitch gripped the chain tightly, panting softly, "So hot..." He tightened his grip. He felt like he had been set on fire. He lifted his eyes up to look to his companions. Both Scott and Kirstie's eyes widened like saucers. Before Mitch could ask, he was distracted by a soft, orange glow. He growled lowly, pulling at the chains. Scott could see that they were starting to give.

          "Mitch? What... Whatcha doin' there, bud?" Kirstie asked, pushing herself further into the tree.
          "So hot..." Mitch groaned, "It burns!" His scream was loud and piercing. In orange brilliance, flames burst from him. The tree he was chained to was no match for the fire. His restraints melted off like hot butter and he slumped down. The flames burned in bright brilliance as Mitch tried lifting himself up. He screamed loudly, his cry so powerful it physically pushed Scott and Kirstie into the trees. And just as quickly as it came, the flaming aura went. Mitch dropped onto the autumn leaves, his skin steaming. He was unconscious.

          The following morning when Connie came to realize the teens, the two still chained were still frightened, staring at Mitch's limp body. Her superhuman speed made her desperate strides fast as she came to his aid. When she checked his forehead, her eyes widened, "So hot..." She scooped him into her arms and turned to them, "What happened?"
          "I don't know. There was so much fire I could barely see him." Scott frowned.
          "He started complaining about being hot and then burst into flames like a firework." Kirstie helped. She tugged at the chains, "Can you let us out?"

          Once Connie got them all home, she put Mitch down in Scott's bed. She gave him a routine inspection; still breathing, no bleeding, and no apparent poisons.
          "Well, he seems okay. Just makes sure you give him some water when he wakes up and don't let him get up for a bit. I'll see what all this flame nonsense is about." Connie sighed. She needed to go lie down. These kids nearly gave her a damn heart attack.

          Scott sat on the bed alongside Mitch and ran a hand through his hair. He had never been more relieved to hear that. He didn't know what he'd do if Mitch was hurt.
          Kirstie chewed her lip anxiously. This was something she hated. When people she loved got sick or something was wrong. It always ate her from the soul out. She just hoped that all her worry would be for not. She didn't know what she'd do if Mitch wasn't going to be okay.