Chapter 2

I'm in a large ball room. Everyone is in large ball gowns or spectacular suits. Everyone is wearing masks, almost in a masquerade way. Feathers and glitter adorning them and surrounding their eyes. It was almost something out of a fairy tail. The only smell prominent in the room being the food from the dishes brought from the staff.

I feel someone next to me.

A blonde man, with stark green eyes that looked like a healthy forest in springtime. His skin- from what I can see- is a pale color with a pink hue underneath. He has a dazzling smile.

He hands me a glass filled with champagne. It's crisp and bubbling, showing the glass is freshly poured. He grabs my hand and leads me from the group of people. For some reason I'm drawn to him.

He has a refined air to him and he's not that much older than me. It seems like I have only eyes for him and the room disappears. There's only me, him, and the music.

While we dance, the room morphs. We're surrounded by mirrors and the music slowly begins to stop.

The only sound is our feet as it echos. I stop and pull off his mask without a word. It's my father. He's a little younger than I am now.

But I'm not disgusted. Infact, I'm entirely infatuated by the man. I look over to the mirrors and see my mother staring back at me. Once more- younger than I had ever seen her in my life.

She hugs him tightly, smiling as they watch both their faces age in the mirror.

She turns to him and lays a kiss on my father's lips. Once she pulls back, David Greene has taken his place.

I feel her heart race in her chest and the feelings that she felt while she was dancing with my father rising again, almost more intense than before.

She places her hand on his cheek gently. With a smile, he slowly starts to chip away and turn to dust before her. I hear- no feel- her breath hitch in her throat; the tears stinging her eyes.

My father smiles at her in the mirror, almost like he's behind it looking at her through a glass pane.

She screams and the mirrors shatter around her as she falls.

Quickly and fervently, I shoot up in bed, panting. I'm shaking and looking around the room. What is happening? Where am I? Questions filling my brain.

I raise my shakey hands and look at them, trying to calm my breathing. The sheets are wet with sweat. I start to gather my thoughts, realizing where I am and exactly who I am.

I hear footsteps and look up, seeing Jason with a glass in hand. He looks at me worried.

"Oh my God, Lilliana, are you okay?" He asks as he walks over and sets his glass down. I let out a little huff, trying to smile.

"Yes, just a bad dream is all..." I swallow and motion for him to climb into bed. Once he does, I wrap around him and listen to his heart, allowing it's rhythmic beats to lull me back to sleep until the morning.

I hear the alarm go off and groan before swatting at it, knocking my phone on the floor. I'm exhausted. That dream haunted me the rest of the night. I wouldn't call it nightmarish, but something about it runs shivers down my spine.