Chapter 2

JUST A QUICK EDIT AT THE END.
××Riley××

I look around the tree-house and sigh softly upset. Moving is not my thing. I climb down the tree with a bag over my shoulders. I dressed in more modern teenage clothes. Which consist of black fitted t-shirt that had rips/tares on the sleeves and chest. I see Storm and an older woman. With one bag each of their owns. Jumping down I land next to them.

"hey Riley, this is my big sister Martha" Storm smiles brightly.

"h-hello ma'am" I stuttered slightly.

"Hello Riley it's nice to meet you" she smiles kindly.

"you too ma'am" I nod with a slight smile "will you be joining us?"

"yes I am," she nods sighing softly "I want to find my brother and stay with my sister our has ruined the family"

I smile sadly at her and nod "alright everyone ready?"

"yep" they both nod

"then let's go"

With that send we all start walking south. Well we start that is until we heard a roar. The girls and I froze but for two different reasons. It was a dragon roar. It was the man they were running from.

"shift!" Martha yelped her and Storm shifting into there dragons.

I gulp and take a deep breathe in pushing the dormant fox side out. They look at me for a second before nodding towards north and we all take up that way. The girls take the sky and I take the ground. We stay close enough together we can see each other. We can still hear the roaring but its soft now. We keep up our fast pace.  The girls stay above me as I bob and weave through bushes and roots. Soon we are far enough away that we slow to a stop and shift back into our human form. 

"Storm! Riley!" Martha yelled she looked over both of us "Are you both okay"

"Yes sis I'm okay" Storm smiled softly

"Er I'm alright ma'am" I said softly

"Oh nun of that ma'am stuff call me Mar alright" she smiled kindly

"Okay........ Mar" I give her a soft smile

She smiled softly and tucked a piece of my hair behind both of our ears making my eyes widen. Like most elf's I have the pointed ear. Only the Elves with pointed ears are ones that have parents that both have pointed ear or are from before the attacks. They both look at me with wide eyes stepping back. I scramble back 

"P-please d-don't hurt me" I whimper out  scurrying backwards away from them

Flashbacks appear in my head picture of my parent appear in my head. I started hyper ventilating as images of the attack appear in my head. Look around blindly only seeing the attack. By now tears were rolling down my cheeks as I curl up into a ball whimpering and mumbling mama and papa before everything goes black.

 --Storm's pov--

My Sister and I watch in sympathy as Riley backs away from us. She was terrified and scarred from her past. We tried to call out to her but she seemed to not be able to hear. Soon she curled up into a ball. Mine and Mar's heart breaks as she mumbles for her parents. Mar and I hated what our kind did to the elves as did my brother. My father is the leader of a small pack of dragons that still follow him. He tried to get my brother to take leadership of the pack but before he did he was to kill an elf that was to believe to be the last one living. After my brother left which was years ago I was next in line. He said I needed to mature before I took over. Meaning I needed an man. I also needed to kill something but I refuse. My father is a jerk. Anyway back to Riley my mother picked her up.

"Storm we need to find shelter for the night. Especially now that she's asleep" Mar told me and I nodded 

"I think there might be a cave a bit was back" I suggested 

Mar nodded and we walk back to it mom carrying Riley. She carries her to the cave Riley is quite small so it was fairly easy for her to be carried up the rocks. Mar laid her on an sleeping bag she brought and covered her up. I started a fire for us before we went to sleep mom in her dragon form at the entrance. I was in an sleeping-bag as well I look over at Riley one more time with a sad smile before I got to bed.

--Riley--

I curl up tighter into a ball I let out a soft whimper as I wake up. I didn't want to wake up I was dreaming of mama and papa. 

"Riley sweetie it's okay no one is gonna hurt you hun" I heard Martha say softly 

My eyes fly open and I see Martha smiling down at me softly and I don't know why but I blurted out "My parents were killed by dragons"

Martha smiled sadly "I figured that hun and do you wanna talk?"

I look in her eyes and Storms who was standing next to her. I feel like I can trust them but I'm scared. "I-I-I um yes" They smile at me encouragingly "It was my 6th birthday the whole village was there for me. Everything was going so well we were all having fun being carefree. But when it was sunset we heard a terrifying loud roar. When we looked up dozens of dragons flew over us some breathing fire others did smoke and lightning and some much. I was playing with the other kids when this happened. As soon as we saw and heard the first roar all the kids went looking for their parents we were all terrified. When I found my mama and papa were hurt and dying they told me to run as fast and as far as I can go. I tried to refuse and stay with them but they wouldn't let and yelled at me to run. We said our 'I love yous' and I ran. Though before I made to to the shelter of the woods. A dark blue dragon jumped in-front of me. I jumped backwards letting out an scream and we stared each other his dark blue glowing eyes staring into my purple amethyst eyes" As I talk about the blue dragon me tears stop and I smile softly "Our staring is broken by a huge Silver dragon who was coming at me. The dark blue one jumped in-front of me in a protective way. The silver one really didn't like this and roar loudly and glare at the dark blue one. As he ran and attacked the blue one but stopped as a sheer white bubble formed around me the blue one used that and pinned the silver one. The blue one made a jerking motion with his head to the woods. I ran into it whispering thank you to him." I sigh softly at the end.

"That happened on your birthday" Mar frowned as Storm seemed to be lost in thought

 "Yeah" I sighed shrugging "If it wasn't for the Dark Blue dragon I would've most likely dies when I was 6"

Storm looked at Mar with sad eyes. I blush quickly saying "well enough with the depressing let's talk about something happier"

"ou lets talk about what we hope our mates are like!" Storm squeals

I nod but tilt my head "uh what's a mate?"

-----------;

1288 words~love wolfie