Prologue

"Even psychopaths have emotions; then again, maybe not." - Richard Ramirez

"Mom, stop telling me all this crap! I really could care less!" I said, aggravated. I don't like hearing about the recent kills and crap. It truly bothers me that every day I wake up to the same "Claudia, be careful today! Another young girl was killed!" I know my way around killers. I can handle one.

"Honey, I just want you to stay safe, I care about you." Mom said as she walked over to me with my breakfast. I just shook my head and ate quietly. I don't care that a man is killing other people. The human race gets so scared and all worked up because one of their kind is doing what he pleases. Killing is a part of our nature. We kill animals all the time, but as soon as a man draws blood from a human, he will be locked away forever. Our minds are all different. We all feel different things.

"Claudia, you are going to be late! Hurry up!" Mom frantically called from the living room. I slipped on my slides and walked out of the door, hurling my backpack up onto my back. I get into my car and start it, driving out of the driveway and I start to head to school. I know my mom is just looking out for me, but to be quite honest, it's very annoying that she always repeats the same things every morning. I pull into the student parking lot and get out of my car, grab my backpack and start walking to the door. I spot all of the boys in their group and I keep walking because if I even think of stopping, they'll all swarm me and not leave me alone until I decide to shoot myself. But, I did see Cain Whitly. He is my favorite of all of the boys. He had been there for me when the girls would pick on me and push me into the lockers. Then again, those girls have never been seen again. I don't really know what happened to them, but ever since then, I've made friends and got really comfortable in school.

"Cee Cee! Wait up!" Cain called as he ran up to me. I turned and smiled, giggling as I watched him get closer. His smile is so bright, it's almost contagious. He catches up and slows down, not even a slight difference in his breathing pace.

"Hey, what's up?" I say as I look over at him, "You ready for tonight?" He smirks and chuckles quietly. That laugh, it was good enough to seduce any human in sight. The corners of my mouth heightened slightly, causing me to smile.

"Can't wait," I giggle, my eyes focusing on his piercing green eyes. I don't understand how a man could have such blindingly handsome features. I wish I could just tell him how I feel. It would make my life feel so much lighter without that 99,999 pound weight on my chest.

"Great. I'll see you later. Now, before the guys think I'm 'hitting' on you, I have to go." He smiled, kissed my forehead and ran off. Man, could he kill someone with that flashy smile. I smile and continue to walk into the school and through the corridors. I saw my friend, Shelby standing at her locker. I went up to her and tapped her shoulder lightly.

"Cool it, finger of steel!" She says turning toward me with a small chuckle. I smile and push my hair out of my face. Shelby is so outgoing. Even if you punch her in the face, she'd still laugh it off and give you a hug.

"Hey, deli?" I smirk and giggle. We always skip the first few periods of school to go to the deli, I think our day wouldn't be complete without that crispy bacon egg and cheese on a bagel with a nice yoohoo to top it off.

"Well, duh." We laugh and run back down the hallway, our mags swinging and hitting at least 6 people. We burst out of the school doors that restricted us from the rest of the world, and headed to the deli. Damn, today may actually be pretty great.

-----

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm really trying my best on this and I really want it to work out. Now just remember, i DO NOT CONDONE any of these acts that will come later in the book, and this is a FICTION book. None of this is real. Love you all!

-A🌷