The trial continues

(Piper's POV)

"By all means, correct me if I'm wrong here. So let me get this straight. My client and wife confided in you her fears that I would leave her, which, I will never, you manipulated her again and again to the point where she started to believe you, telling her I would leave her and that I was leaving her for my FRIEND Zelda, threw yourself at her and played on her fear of losing me to another woman because what? You had feelings?" I angrily ask.
She nods then goes on the defense.
"From what I saw, your FRIEND Zelda was friendly alright. But yes, I have feelings for inmate Vause." She jibes.
I literally have to bite my tongue.

(Alex's POV)

What did she just say?
How was Zelda 'friendly alright'? I mean I knew Piper fucked her in retaliation, which sucked, but this was obviously before that.
What was going on between those two?
What had McCullough seen?
I was hoping it was something minor and thankfully, Piper's answer fills me with relief although I hate that her and Zelda kissed though, on top of the fact they fucked. It was never nice to hear that.

(Piper's POV)

"What you saw, was my rejection of Zelda's advances in favour of and loyalty to my wife. The woman I love. Zelda simply kissed me on the cheek goodnight after she invited me to a fundraising event. Moving on though, when my wife discontinued your affair, did you have her transferred?" I clarify then ask.
McCullough looks down again and doesn't answer. The judge is then forced to say,
"The defendant will answer councillor Vause-Chapman's question."
McCullough angrily looks up at me,
"Yes I had her transferred."
I curtly nod and start strutting.
"Why did you have her transferred?"
McCullough, glaring, answers,
"Because she chose you."
The jury hums.
I smile to myself. I'd just won my case against McCullough and not only that, I'd won Alex back from her too.
"So you used your position as a CO to transfer her because you didn't get what you wanted?" I ask.
She doesn't answer.
Instead she tries to pull Alex down with her.
"I shouldn't be the only one on trial here. Your client, or should I say wife? Threatened me. She assaulted an officer when I told her I'd confronted you. She deserves more time! Why are you of all people defending her? She wasn't exactly a loyal wife to you." She desperately states.

At this, Alex stands up so fast in anger that her chair almost fell over, scraping against the floor.
Turning to frustratedly glare at her, I hold up my palm to stop her. This was the kind of behaviour I told her not to do, even if something like this was said. Behaving like this could hurt our case.
Her nostrils were flared and the look she was giving McCullough was one of her most dangerous. I'd only ever seen this look on her when one or more of her mules royally fucked up to the point it was dangerous for Alex with Kubra.
I motioned my hand for her to sit back down which she did but her dangerous glare at McCullough didn't falter.

To be honest, it sounded as though she wanted Alex back so they could be truly together as inmates.
The thought alone almost made me stop my line of questioning from the danger of throwing up.
This only serves to make me angrier.
Although, she did play right into my hands. She'd just given a great example of how COs abuse their power.
As Alex's angry lawyer and wife, I counter,
"You aren't the only one on trial. I made sure of that. But I don't see how your point is relevant. In fact, it's a prime example of how you guards abuse your power. Mrs Vause-Chapman, my wife, was simply trying to defend herself, me and our marriage from you and your manipulation and quite frankly, obsession. The law states you did rape her after all and I have a good mind to also add a restraining order to your list of charges seeing as you threatened me at my own home. While we're on the subject actually, you came to me at my apartment and demanded I left Alex because she'd be 'happier with you'. You encouraged me to be with Zelda. I'm assuming the reason behind that was so Alex would what? Run into your arms?"
This left her speechless.

(Alex's POV)

She did fucking what?!
She confessed to me that she confronted Piper, which made me angry enough, leading to me 'assaulting' her but she failed to tell me that she threatened Piper, demanded she left me and encouraged her to chase Zelda!
Not only that but that she told Piper I'd be happier with her?! Please.
As much as I hate it, I now understand why Piper slept with Zelda.
She truly thought I didn't want her anymore.
What I did obviously didn't help but Jesus, McCullough was a manipulative, clingy, psychotic bitch!
I saw her looking at me with pleading eyes.
I met her gaze with a venomous glare.
I was livid with her.
Absolutely livid.
I switched my view to something a lot more appealing.
Piper, I wanted to jump on. Not only was she being so damn sexily professional and possessive but she didn't completely listen to McPsycho and didn't choose Zelda.
She chose me.
She was fighting this battle right now, for me.
For us.
She stayed.
Even after I told her to go because I didn't want to drag her down anymore.
I was intently watching Piper do her thing with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. If my hands were free, I'd also be chewing on a leg of my glasses.
I was unashamedly mentally stripping Piper from head to toe and I knew McCullough was watching me do so.
I was always only Piper's.
From the day we met.

(Piper's POV)

McCullough nods so I continue,
"Your honour, I'd like to pause my line of questioning with this defendant to get a relevant testimony from my client. I can't continue to cross examine Miss McCullough without it." I ask.
"I'll allow it." The judge states.
McCullough skulked back down from the stand, head firmly down, staring intently at the ground as she shuffled back to her seat.