Chapter Twenty Five: Brianna

She paced the marble floors of the home, the click of her heels sharp in the quiet early evening.  She knew she had waited far too long already, he'd already had the woman, of this she was certain.    She knew this made things more interesting, because she could not allow the other to live.  There was no way Gareth could have what he wanted, even to her it was too monstrous.   An abomination, a curse, a half dead creation she would see destroyed before it had an opportunity to rise.    And to kill the seed, she'd have to kill the tree nurturing and sheltering it. 

Brianna looked at Slade, who'd been out on the deck staring at the distant sea.   He would be problematic if he knew the turn of her thoughts, she mused.   However, it was a small thing to end him if needs be.  Brianna smiled, fangs glinting wickedly.   Tossing her silken blonde tresses away from her face she strode outside, the faint light of the rising moon stinging ever so lightly.  

"Slade, it is almost time for us to commence our assault on Gareth's compound"  she said, her voice a lilting melody in the evening air.   

Slade turned towards her, again brought back a step by the unworldly beauty of her.   He'd spent the past several days healing, and avoiding her as much as possible.  He didn't want to see a creature of absolute beauty, but rather the seductive killer that  she was.  Meeting her icy gaze with his warm blue one, he said, "Anytime Brianna, I'm ready when you are.   We've got to get to Sariah and then you can do whatever you want with that vile animal." 

Brianna nodded, then turned and went inside.   She closed her eyes, reached out with her mind.  And frowned once more as she saw them in her mind's eye, entwined passionately.    Though she had little objection to Gareth's physical response to this woman, she could not have the end result.     Though a true vampire, some of her human emotions still remained, and the cold fury burning in her heart could not and would not be denied. 

Again she reached out, this time in an attempt to map the compound.  There was no way for her to access the little love nest he had created, but she could, with the right leverage get onto the island, draw him out and rend him limb from limb.    From what Brianna understood vampires, although difficult to kill, could be killed.    He was too wise to allow her access to him when the sun was out, so she would have to be prepared for a direct attack.   She'd allow the mortal man to think he was rescuing Sariah, she could always find the two of them when the battle with the Master Vampire who'd created her was finished.   

Eyes glittering in eagerness she stood and watched the moon rising, the darkness intensifying.   With a tone of imperial authority she called Slade inside to her, and began to instruct him on her plan.  She left out the small detail of killing the girl, of course, she smiled to herself.    Soon , Gareth, she thought, soon she would have her revenge.    The sweet taste of victory would be hers, and she relished it......

Gareth's eyes rose even as he rose from the bed he shared with his new lover.    Interesting developments, he mused.   One he would be ready for, and ones which dear Brianna would never see coming......