Chapter 1: I guess I have a new grandpa. Did I mention I've never met him?

Chapter 1: I guess I have a new grandpa. Did I mention I've never met him?

Alright heres chapter one Teenage Princess. This is for the 30 day challenge . I have to write a 50,000 word story within 30 days. I hope I can do it. Wish me luck.

Oh and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

*******

 "Will Miss Burnolo please report to the principles office? Thank you." I was in maths class - talk about boring - when I heard the seceratary call me to the principles office through the intercom. I had never been called to the principles office before so I was confused as to why I had to go. It's not like I did anything wrong. Did I?

I didn't know what I did, or why I was called to Mr. Fairyhood's office so I gathered my stuff and packed my bag before walked to Principle Fairyhood's office, still extremely confused.

When I got there I saw an old man I didn't recognise sitting down. He was wearing a very expensive looking Armani suit. I knew it was Armani because the sleeves were different to a normal suit or some other big brand like Hugo Boss. I had a good eye for fashion  things related to it.

So anyways,  I sat down next to the old man and looked at Mr. Fairyhood. He was smiling at me so I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. "Miss Burnolo, it has come to my understanding that this is your grandfather. Am I right?" He asked. I had never seen this man before in my life so I didn't know what to say. I looked at my hands and noticed that the old man was holding his phone to me under the desk. I read what was on the screen and nodded at Mr. Fairyhood. "Yes sir. This is my grandfather on my mothers side." I said. I looked at the screen again but it still said the same thing. 'Tell him I'm your grandfather if you wanna get out of school and see your mother.' It sounded like a threat but I knew it wasn't. My mother always went away for months at a time and I never knew where she went, she never told me anything. I think my father knew though but he never said anything; even when I got down on my knees and begged him to tell me where Mom had gone. He always refused.

So now this old man says that he'll bring me to see my mother and get me out of class. That's not just it though. I felt like I trusted this man for reason. I don't know why, I just did. So I told Mr. Fairyhood that he was my grandfather and I got all the stuff I needed out of my locker before walking back to the principle's office and waiting to leave the Hell that is school. I guess you can probably tell that I hate school. I mean doesn't everyone hate school? It's seven hours of walking about a mile altogether and being bored trying to stay awake while listening to teachers who have boring voices. Every single day.

I was snapped out of my thoughts about school by Mr. Fairyhood. "Well goodbye Miss Burnolo, and have fun at the family reunion." Family reunion? Oh it must be the excuse that 'grandpa' made so he could get me out of school. " Come child, you must pack your clothes." 'Grandpa' said as we walked out of the school.

****

We were walking for about ten minutres when 'grandpa' stopped outside of a white limo. He opens the door and motions for me to get inside. I was so surprised that I just stood there, frozen. "Go on Arietty." He said.. The sound of my name pulls me out of my shocked state and I climb into the fanciest, most extravagent car/limo I have ever seen. It was a cream cloured leather with brown wood in different spots around the place. There was a mini fridge and all kinds of drinks and foods. There was also a TV playing the news, but I didn't see the remote anywhere so I didn't change it. Instead I decided to talk to my new grandpa that I've never met before. "So 'grandpa' what's your name?'- Well, that's one question I never thought I'd ask - I asked him while putting air quotes on grandpa.

He chuckled and stuck his hand out for me to shake. "I'm George. I'm your mothers butler and good friend." I shook his hand but was extremely shocked by his words. My mothers butler? What the heck? "Umm... George, my mother dosen't have a butler." I said. He smiled but I could see the understanding on his face. "Your mother hasn't told you?" He said it as a question but I could tell he was stating it as a fact. "Tell me what?" I asked him. He was making me more confused by the second.

"You will find out soon."