Misery in Heaven

Prologue:

David looked at the water of the bridge, it looked very beautiful. He remembers being on boats with his two children, beautiful and smart young Adelaide and strong and smart young Gabriel. Then he imagined the beautiful blond girl he had loved from a young age, sweet and lovely Charity. Few weeks before now she died of blood loss during child birth. The child though is fine. Adelaide is taking care of it at the moment. he thought. I hope she doesn't drop the thing. The girl drops things a lot. He giggles a bit from the thought and then looks at the water one more time. Gabriel is doing well, a wife, a huge plantation with many slaves, a fine gentleman he became. Adelaide is smart and beautiful, I know she will one day have a husband and children. No doubt about it. They are both safe. There is nothing else I can do to help them. There is nothing I need to do anymore. He remembers the note he put on his desk at home and then drops into the water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear My Sweet Adelaide,

I know you will miss me. I will miss you too. But you have to keep on fighting. I, though, have gone through to much and can't go on anymore. I am sorry my little Ade. Keep care of the child and treat it as your own and make sure Lowie is well fed too. Go to your brother's place and live there okay Ade? I'll love you forever and after that. Tell them I'm at the lake.

Love,

Father

Adelaide noted the few tears on the paper and saw her's flow down too. She has to run to the lake! Maybe there is time left! She ran out of the house wearing her sleep ware and ran to the bridge. She couldn't find him. She then ran to the water trying to find his body. She jumped in the water and then saw a body at the bottom, her father's body. She held in a scream and waited in till her face was out of the water and screamed horribly loud. She screamed so loud a neighbor heard her. He tried to quiet her but she kept on yelling. His wife came out next and they took her into their house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A knock on the door startled Gabriel who was talking to friends. No one really comes to his house. He then remembered that his wife, Charlotte, was out shopping. He opened the door to see his younger sister outside. "Dad's dead brother.He's dead." The young girl hold a baby in her arms and a bag was right beside her. They then hugged each other tightly. "The Jamesons took me here on their wagon. Can I please stay here." Adelaide asks. "Yes, sister. You can."