Life's withering orange hues

This is a flipping art book, but like I felt it would be such a waste if I didnt show how my writing skills have improved after this long while.

And since I like this story I've written for a contest a lot.

I won by default though.

The song above is actually really good for calming you down and also made my depression increase while also simultaneously allows you to bare all the pain while listening to it.

So tell me what you think!

It's also not fandom related its an original short story... So...

Story start!

💔💘💔

A faded to orange leaf rode on the wind as a suddenly strong gust blew it off the path it would've taken. There it swayed and spun before it landed on my head. Taking it off my hazel coloured hair, I eyed the small thing with my onyx eyes. Laying it down on my palm, I watched as it flew away, a small smile playing on my lips. Slowly walking forward once again, each step echoing crunching noises throughout the quiet park layered with an assortment of colored leaves. The more I walked, the more my pace increased, until I was running to my destination, the cherry blossom tree.

Soon pink petals danced in my vision as the view of an alluring pastel tree appeared before me. There behind the tree was another girl with ebony hair and brown eyes. She was staring at the lush greenery she stood on. Those black eyes brightened as the one I sought out was there, waiting, stopping all the running, standing still as if time had froze, A few quick shaky breaths, and then time had resumed once again. Going up the hill, the black hair of the other danced and swirled in the wind.

"You're here... Mizuki..." A calm, but at the same time nervous voice came to utter that name.

"Why wouldn't I be? Mio, you know I couldn't ever leave you hanging." Mizuki replied, giving off her dazzling smile.

"So, why did you call me here?" The question caused me to flinch as I laughed slightly. What would I say? How would I go about doing this?

"I've always just wanted to tell you that I lov-" A figure came up behind Mizuki, hugging her from behind as they quickly yelled out to them, cutting Mio off from telling the secret buried within her heart.

"Mizu!!!" The platinum blonde curls pooled down her back and shoulders, cuddling the one I wished I could do the same with.

My heart started to pound as my chest tightened. My very soul was starting to crack into pieces as I saw those marine blue eyes stare into me with malice. Alice is her name, obstructing my path every time I tried anything.

She lulled Mizuki into a sense of comfort, unlike my situation of ambience and awkwardness. Then, pulling on the other arm, she ran away with the very person I wanted to tell the contents of my heart to. Never looking back, I watched as their figures got smaller as they ran further and further away from me, tears pricking the corners of my eyes. I shakily attempted to calm myself, only to inevitably fail in the process. I choked and gasped as the water fell down my face, the leaves swirling around me as I yelled in my head about how stupid I was to think that I'd ever get a chance to tell her.

My head started to spin as throbbing pain like that of a knife through my skull was attacking me, my lungs halted their job of supplying oxygen to the rest of my body. A warm fluid started to rise from my throat, and I began coughing it out as an action to rid it from my airway so I could finally breathe.

A strange smell came wafting off the hand that I used to cover my mouth. I looked down to see a beautiful red staining my hands, along with crystalline petals swimming in the puddle, sharp dagger like objects ripping the flesh in my throat to a bloody mess. My nose filled with the scent of strong iron. Gagging once again, the jagged like blades cut ever more deeply, the agony becoming unbearable.