Working

~Axel~

I watched him get on his bike and drive off with Trigger beside me.
"Follow him."

"Ok but I'm gonna have to leave in a bit so I'll text you were he ends up."

I got on my bike and followed him he ended up at Top of the World a restaurant here in Vegas with an amazing view. I followed him up to the roof and when I got there he was sitting on the edge just staring out, I sat beside him and he just completely ignored me for about 30 minutes, we're in nothing but comfortable silence. It wasn't awkward it was as if he didnt even know I was there he was stuck in his head at times I thought he wasn't breathing that's how relaxed he was but then he spoke.

"Why are you here?"

I looked at him half expecting him to be looking at me but he wasn't. I dont know why but that made me sad. "Your dad asked me to come. I guess he thought you shouldn't be alone. This view is amazing."

"I know I come here to relax and think no body knew about it the owner of the place knows me and let's me come here when ever I need it. But i guess i have to fine a new place now." He smiled a little but it looked forced.

"You dont have to I wont come again unless you ask me too, it's all yours."

He glanced my way for a second and looked back in front of him. "Why are you really here? You could have said no."

"I could have but I thought you might need someone here with you. And not to talk just to be here, I've seen how affected you are by this case and thought that maybe you should have someone around you someone who doesn't expect you to talk about it."

"It?"

"Yeah, it."

"Ok"

I watch him battles his own demons for what seemed like hours watched him mumbles some this under his breath now and then but didnt quite understand what he said. After a while he laid back and looked up at the sky. "You know growing up my grandfather used to take me to the mall and we used to sit and eat icecream while playing this game."

He looked at me I guess to make sure I was listening and I was even when he wasn't talking I was listening and watching because that's what he did to me, but I had to lay off of what ever this was that was making me want to listen.

"He would ask me to make up a story about how some one was in trouble and I was the one to figure out how to save them or help them. With out me knowing he was molding me in to a problem solver in to a "go do" type of person. He was training me for my future position he was teaching me to strategize, to plan while under pressure he would tell me how this person had very little time and keep the story going while I planned out my way to help and if I got out of control or to wound up in the pressure he would shake his head and tell me that next time there wouldn't be any icecream unless i solved it in the next couple of days."

I dont know what moved him to talk about this but I wasn't gonna ask he felt like talking about something and that's what he needed to do. Talk, so I sat and listened to him talk about his grandfather for a little bit and when he finished and closed his eyes I checked the time to see it was 1 we had been her for 2 hours and I had to go but I didnt want to. I wanted to comfort him to keep listening to watch when his jaw clenched when he thought about something that hurt him or how he would stop talking when it was a good memory like he was trying to relive it.

He would smile the most innocent smile, I dont think he noticed he was smiling I dont really know he noticed how much he talked but I wasn't complaining.

"I have to go. I have a meeting to get to."

"Ok, and thank you for being here and not talking."